Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

Tennis TV problems watching live matches

The Roku version of the TennisTV app is only showing one live match for the Indian Wells tournament, even though there is more than one live match going on.  The Streaming Now pane isn't even appearing.  And when I try to bring up the Schedule -> Order of Play I always get the "Couldn't connect to Tennis TV." error.  This isn't an issue on the Android and Android TV versions I have, those are working fine.  This is Day one of the Indian Wells tournament.  I just re-registered with Tennis TV to watch live matches today so don't know if this has been an issue before today or not, I know it was fine when I was using it last year.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Tennis TV problems watching live matches

Hello @ppinocci

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Verify that the proper account with the subscription is signed in and linked to the channel. 

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
-If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

I already tried those, they didn't help.  I wouldn't be able to watch the one live match that is appearing if I wasn't properly signed in.  But, I had to sign in again when I re-installed the app anyway, so I did and still no Steaming Now pane is appearing and I'm unable to bring up the Order of Play, which would show what matches are live and allow me to go to them that way.  But thanks for the suggestions.  I've sent an email to Tennis TV support (help@tennistv.com) to let them know of the problem and see what they say.  This problem is not listed in their known issues (link below), no known issues on Roku are mentioned.

https://tennistvhelp.streamamg.com/support/solutions/articles/80000972034-tennis-tv-known-issues

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @ppinocci

Thanks for the input.

Please be advised that Tennis TV is the one that creates, provides, and maintains its Roku channel app. Roku just provides the platform to run it on. We highly recommend that you will continue coordinating with their support to provide a resolution to this issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

Well, it's working now, I didn't change anything.  I never heard from Tennis TV support, but they are in UK I think so they usually don't respond until over night here in the U.S.

0 Kudos
Seebee007

I cannot watch Indian wells purchased a yearly sub for tennis channel on Roku TV and nothing a disaster. 

0 Kudos
ppinocci
Binge Watcher

Check again periodically.  Mine started working eventually.  I think I had a similar problem last year.  I wonder if it takes a little while after purchasing the subscription for it to filter through the system and get fully activated.

0 Kudos