Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV stuck in guest mode on roku for hours

My tv is stuck in guest mode and I have tried to reset my pin which I never had and I'm not even sure how I got to guest mode in the first place because last night my tv was fine. I came home from work and now I'm stuck in guest mode. How do I get out. I already did a factory reset and still nothing

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV stuck in guest mode on roku for hours

Hi @tiffanyfwiley,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the information that you are already doing a factory reset.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send us a DM with your Roku account email address and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku TV, along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing.

We'll be able to assist you further from there!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@tiffanyfwiley-

I'd suggest going into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com and scrolling down to the list of connected Roku devices.

You should be able to turn guest mode on or off (slide switch) for any listed Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
gotscammed
Reel Rookie

OK.  I am embarrased but I was scammed when setting up my roku tv.  After a year of uninteruped service, my tv was stuck in Guest Mode.  I also received an email and phone number to contact.  It was the same scammers demanding more money.  After hours on the phone with roku support and Hisence support, the issue could not be resolved.  The manual reset would not work in Guest Mode. My devices did not show up being linked in my on-line roku account to turn off the Guest Mode through it.  The scammers had control of my tv.  I began to research.  I found the solution!

There is a Secret Roku Screen.  It is actually titled "Secret Screen".  To get to it, you have to press the Home Button 5 times, then the Forward Button 3 times, then the Rewind Button 2 times.  The Secret Screen comes up.  From here you can do a Factory Reset.  I also created a new roku account with a completely different email address.  When I  set-up my tvs with the factory reset, I noticed that I now had all of my devices linked to my account.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.