Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWinn
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku: once connected to wifi local goes away

I have a TCL 65S513 It has been upgraded to v13 build 24062-30. Love the TV and interface. However over the past couple of days we lost internet, so no Wifi. I did a channel rescan and lowe and behold a channel i had be waiting on showed up 29.8 METVTOONS started watching and then this morning the internet came back and boom it was removed from my channel lineup. It not a fringe of the broadcast area I had good strong signal the channel guide just ends at 29.7 when i am connected to the internet.

I have gone to the extent of resetting the TV and yes scan for channels. Sure enough, 29.8 pops up. as soon as I connected to wifi again (remember this is after a Factor reset)  I have tried every trick in the book to get this to work, but still stuck. I did notice that with the internet the little icons for each channel show up and I cant hel to think there is a list of channels somewhere that needs updated. Any help would be appreciated, but please dont ask me to do the obvious (reset,rescan) ive done it every way possible.

Thank you for your time

John Winn

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku: once connected to wifi local goes away

A couple of people have reported this (oddly, always with MeTV Toons) and were able to get it to appear by changing the ZIP Code under Settings->System to one nearby.  My guess is that it's not in the guide data that the TV downloads from the Internet, so it doesn't show it as available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MrWinn
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku: once connected to wifi local goes away

I have changed the zip code only to go back because YouTubeTV balks at not having the zip set to the billing info. The Prime list needs to be edited, and NOW!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.