Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoraB

episode missing McLeod's Daughters

On the Roku Channel, McLeod's Daughters is missing season 6, episode 8. The list skips from 7 to 9. Is there a way to report this to the Roku Channel and have the missing episode posted?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Episode missing McLeod's Daughters

Hi @NoraB,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We value your informing us of this. While I did attempt to investigate this on our end, Season 6, Episode 8, "Where the Heart Is," was still accessible. It is a premium subscription, though, thus access to that particular episode cost. Adding premium paid content is permitted on The Roku Channel, which is otherwise free and add-supported. I also forwarded this over to the appropriate for additional review.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoraB

Interesting. Nothing I saw when I got a Roku device and signed up for the Roku Channel explained to me that some episodes of a series — as opposed to a whole series — might not be available to me. Such restrictions should be transparent to the viewers. This is an old series with 200+ episodes, so running into this roadblock after watching five out of eight seasons feels like a slap in the face.  Is there somewhere I can find out which other episodes I won't be able to see? And I have no idea how to access "premium" content, if that's what I choose to do. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@NoraB 

If you use the "Search" feature from your Roku Home Screen and search for "McLeods Daughters", you should see that Tubi, Pluto, Plex, and Fawesome offer free viewings of this series.

I didn't look at all of them, but Pluto and Plex has seasons 1-8.

---

As for the missing episodes, this does occur here and there, so normally just jump over to another free channel/app that offers the same content and see if available there. (easier than awaiting fixes that will likely never come from the different channels/app providers.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@NoraB,

Thanks for the prompt update!

This is some kind of odd behavior. We'd like to take a closer look at this. Could you share with us a photo of the issue you're seeing right now? We're still able to see the episode via the website and Roku devices here.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoraB

Hi Rey,

Here's what I see. (And AvsGunnar, thank you for those tips.)Roku mcleods daughters.jpg

Barbara

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@NoraB,

That's very helpful. I will forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for additional review.

We'll get back here once we have an update available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.