Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrbentley517
Channel Surfer

Re: Streaming channels no longer showing channel number

Oddly enough I heard from a guy this morning who said he's TV is still showing the channels! I asked him if it was a Roku TV but I haven't heard back from him. But the discussion was initially about Roku TV, but he still may have been mixed up. I sure hope they fix this soon!!

Emissary35
Roku Guru

More idiotic useless updates by Roku that are making things worse. They should put out surveys and ask if people want channel numbers removed before they actually do it. Or create an option to disable channel numbers or enable them so you can decide if you want them. These software designers can never just leave things well enough alone that work fine.

They always have to tinker with them to make 'improvements' and most of the time the changes are for the worse or create bugs! I'm not a fan of putting anything you are "Continue Watching" from the Roku Channel on the Roku Home Screen now either with no way to disable! The people making these 'updates' have zero common sense at all!

I lost my channel numbers and I'm not happy, my TV is a mess. I want them back or I'm dropping Roku and going with another company.

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Same issue on my RCA Roku. However on my Om the numbers came back after a week?? How could one think this was a good move. Will never buy a Roku set again. 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @community members,

We appreciate you keeping us informed!

We would like to express our gratitude for your correspondence and express how much we appreciate your feedback on the most recent changes. We'll see to it that the appropriate Roku team receives your feedback so it may be assessed further.

Please let us know if you require anything more.

Sincere regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Docsman
Binge Watcher

As I said on another thread, I'm convinced they hired the lousy UI/UX team from Amazon to make the Roku's interface suck as badly as Fire Stick's.

Graybison
Reel Rookie

Bring back the channel numbers. Unable to navigate channels by channel logos as they display poorly in the channel guide.

Please do not make UI changes without a demographic survey of customers which clearly endorses a UI change. A change should be to resolve a significant existing problem the majority of the user community is experiencing. Changes should be made in an proactive partnership with the user community, not because an isolated programmer or executive thinks a change would be "nice." Listen to your customers: they are the experts on your UI, using it more than your employees. And they finance this enterprise called Roku.

redscookie
Reel Rookie

Unless you fix this, this will go down as one of the dumbest moves in corporate history, right up there with new Coke. #bringthenumbersback

Leef3440
Reel Rookie

It's pretty bad that "ALL" of the Roku self advertisements list the CHANNEL NUMBER to watch... But guess what, THEY ARE NONE. Real smart guys or girls. Duh!!!

Dumbtv
Reel Rookie

Just figured this much out.

If you know the channel number and have the Roku app on your phone you can put the number in and it will go to the channel selected.

I thought about this because I learned to use the app to skip the scroll through all the channels which can be found here

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-Live-TV-Guide-List-Reference-List/td-p/7...

This is the only remedy I've found for now.

Use the Roku phone app and while on live TV Roku channel put in the number of the channel which can be found 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.