Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMB-44130
Channel Surfer

Streaming channel 115 disappeared - why?

I have had streaming channels 115 & 116 for months, today, 115 dissappeared.  It was an ABC channel.  What happened?  I also noticed one of them disappeared last week & then reappeared a couple of days later.

PS - I have SO many problems w/my Roku tvs.  Really wish I hadn't bought them

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Streaming channel 115 disappeared - why?

Hello @DMB-44130

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact ABC support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach the ABC support team here

Regards,
Karla

michelemsherry
Reel Rookie

I contacted ABC, and they said Roku would have an update in early April.  Any idea when the update will be available?  I miss my ABC channel. 

0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

The streaming channel 115 may have been withdrawn or cancelled by the provider. The provider can add or remove streaming channels at any time, and Roku has no influence over these changes.

If a channel disappeared and then reappeared, it's conceivable that the provider was experiencing technical difficulties or doing upgrades to their channel, causing it to be offline temporarily.

Regarding your other problems with Roku TVs, I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. If you're encountering specific problems with your Roku TV, I recommend contacting Roku support directly. They might be able to offer troubleshooting advice or a solution to your specific situation.

0 Kudos
michelemsherry
Reel Rookie

Hi, Chippy,

I was responding off someone else's post. I do not have Channel 115.  I have the ABC channel icon, but it freezes and then returns to the main menu.  It started about a month ago. 

ABC said there would be an update in April for Roku as a solution. 

I see that it's not easy to get a response from Roku directly for an issue; so I was hoping someone in the community would have the same issue and could help.

My NBC channel is fine.  It's just the ABC channel that is my favorite.

Thank you for responding!

Michele

0 Kudos