Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James2132

TV Sound On, but black screen

My TV screen suddenly turned black whilst I was watching a show, the audio works, I can still hear when I change the volume. But I can not see anything, I have tried a lot of things such as unplugging the power cable and restarting it with the remote. All to no success, any idea what I should do to try and fix it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DiegoNunez

Re: TV Sound On, but black screen

I have the same thing. HBO Max, Disney+, Netflix and Amazon. Hulu is just fine though. I have audio, but no picture. Maybe a coincidence, but this only happens on 2023 and late 2022 movies and shows for those streaming services. I can see and hear older movies and shows just fine. I have a Roku TV Onn. model 100012588. And yes, I called the Roku TV support phone number and did all the internet tips that I can find on forums and YouTube. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: TV Sound On, but black screen

Hi @James2132

Thanks for the post!

It's possible that your TV may be experiencing a software or hardware issue causing the black screen. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the input source: Make sure you have selected the correct input source on your TV. You can do this by pressing the input or source button on your TV remote and selecting the input that corresponds to the device you're using.

Check the cables: Ensure that all the cables connected to your TV and the device you're using (such as a cable box or streaming device) are securely plugged in and not damaged. Try unplugging and plugging them back in to see if this helps.

Try a different device: If you have another device available, such as a DVD player or game console, try connecting it to your TV to see if you get a picture. This can help determine if the issue is with the TV or the original device you were using.

Reset the TV: Try resetting your TV to its factory settings. You can usually do this by going to the settings menu on your TV and selecting "System" or "Reset."

Contact manufacturer support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer's support team for further assistance. They may be able to diagnose the issue and provide a solution or recommend a repair.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos