Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynnyg

Re: Stop the spanish ads on english language chosen content!!!!

Everyone needs to boycott the businesses that are airing Spanish commercials on English channels.  The national language of America is ENGLISH.  I have zero problem with Spanish channels but how about we start showing commercials in English on those channels? No way that wouldn't stand for a second.  I personally will no longer shop at Burlington or any other business that follows this practice. 

MattMc0916

Watching the Cubs Cardinals game and I don’t understand why so many Spanish language ads. Why? 

Exactly 

0 Kudos
lola7777

I agree that advertisers should play commercials in English on TV with English speaking content. It's not fair to make us listen to commercials in a language we don't speak.

joss1
Binge Watcher

I see plenty of programming that sub music and landscapes for commercials. It's beyond wonderful to NOT hear someone yakking at you especially in another language.I pay attention to whatever is being advertised, and BOYCOTT them. They are trying every way possible to force this global garbage down our throats.

Think Bud light.

They just won't learn.

joss1
Binge Watcher

Why?

To appeal to the masses 'they' think they can buy with influence.

It's part of the great divide.

I support and admire any company that DOES NOT go politically woke.

I dearly hope Roku is not going in that direction.

Today is 06/24/24 and there are STILL random Spanish speaking commercials on my Live TV Roku streaming channels. This is a NEW experience for me and I too dislike it. If you want to reach a Spanish speaking audience target them not English speaking channels. It just makes me not want to support those products….. like TIDE laundry detergent. 

There’s absolutely no need to tell people to “get used to it”! That’s like telling people to accept the new norm when Covid struck with all of its idiocy laws and demands of everyone taking the vaccine or being fired from their jobs. Don’t tell people this is the new norm or get used to **bleep**e that they don’t have to get used to. Protest! It’s our right. Boycott their products. Use the same slimy methods that the leftist population used to force wearing masks on everyone and used to try to shame everyone who wanted the choice of what was injected into their own bodies as well as the bodies of their children. You need to get used to the fact that people will never lie down quietly while you try to bulldoze and bamboozle them. There’s no need for Spanish speaking content when you have chosen English content.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.