Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike41

Star plus available on Roku?

Jump to solution

what about star plus? when can i get the app in my roku?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Star plus available on Roku?

Jump to solution

@Mike41

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please feel free to reach out to the channel provider for more information regarding channel availability. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mike41

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please feel free to reach out to the channel provider for more information regarding channel availability. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tassini
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also wish star+ on Roku. When will it be available? 

Davedall
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Please help to push could have star+ application available

Note tha Disney+ is from same company and the application is available at channel selection on roku device.

Also take in mind that other streaming playes have the star+ application as firetv.

Many thanks 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku can't "push" a provider to create a channel for their devices. That's a decision the provider has to make. You as consumers would be a much stronger voice with the provider by contacting them and asking for it be be available on Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Davedall
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok noted,

The provider not need to create a channel, because the channel is available, the request is have the application to access the channel.

But any way, I just sent the request to Star+ also.

I see I crashed with a wall here.

atc98092

Jump to solution

Channels are written for Roku devices in a programming language that differs from apps created for Windows, Mac or Android devices. Just because there's an app for a Fire TV player doesn't mean it would be simple to move that app onto a Roku. As someone who knows a little about programming, they would likely have to start from scratch to create a channel for Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

What you need to understand is that an app for any given platform (Windows, iOS, Unix, Android, etc.) must be able to interface with the operating system used on that platform.  The creator of the app must produce a version of the app for each platform on which they wish their app to be used.  Roku has its own unique operating system so any streaming service wishing to run on Roku must create a version of its app that will run on the Roku operating system.  Roku supplies the platform and operating system, the app creator supplies a Roku-compatible version of its app and provides it to Roku.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Davedall
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok noted again

1. Customer doesn't require to know technical issues that could be solved. All things stars from scratch. Customer require solutions.

2. Disney+ owns from same provider as Star+, how much time does developers spent to have the channel available at Roku? Then it is not impossible

3. This request has at least 2 years ago from customers

Then lets close this post because we will have an interminable loop of anwers

Best Regards

atc98092

Jump to solution

I agree, Disney should be able to easily and quickly create a channel for Roku. They already have or contract with developers that are proficient with the Roku programming language. But it's up to them to do so. Again, customers have far more leverage trying to get something like this done. Roku has no power over this. 

Dan