Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyto

Spotify quality through Roku question

I am trying to figure out if I am getting the same streaming quality with Spotify Premium with Roku as I get with a PC or Smart Phone. I have a Roku Express 4K+ connected to a Sharp Aquos and feed the signal via toslink optical to the DAC in my preamp. I am using the app on Roku for Spotify, not Spotify connect.

On my phone and PC I set Spotify to "very high" on the streaming and download quality but on the Roku app for Spotify there is no option for the quality.

So my question is: Am I streaming at the same quality level with the Roku Spotify app as I am with a PC or phone?

I tried contacting Spotify customer service, they had no clue and told me to contact Roku.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify quality through Roku question

Hi  @cyto

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Spotify channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Spotify Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos