Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobe1958

Spiderwick commercial Stalls

The spiderwick commercial stalls every time it comes on. Anyone else have same issue??

14 REPLIES 14
MAC55
Reel Rookie

Re: Spiderwick commercial Stalls

I am having the same issue.  I have watched 4 different shows, episodes, etc. today, and the Spiderwick ad just freezes the frame and there's no way to correct it.

I was hoping to get a solution here from Roku

Alvarodd

Have Roku on Samsung TV and yes, same issue.  Stalls when kids running in Spiderwick ad.  Need to resume episode to bypass and has happened over several days

Was watching Rules of engagement

MAC55
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response.  How do we get this issue into Roku's hands?  Do they monitor this forum at all? It was the same ad for me while I was watching two different shows and different episodes.

MAC55
Reel Rookie

Interestingly enough, my Roku is on a Samsung TV as well.

The Spiderwick ad has just frozen my Roku again today.  This is very annoying.  It appears to be happening more than halfway through whatever episode I'm watching and, if I log out and restart the same episode it happens again so that I never get to see the second half or last third of an episode.

I hope that Roku is able to resolve this issue

Mjbarnes
Channel Surfer

Same happening here, freezes when the kids are running, but only happens on our Samsung. On our Fire TV,  same commercial plays just fine.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mjbarnes,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku device. We're glad to help. Could you provide us with the following details?

• When did you start having this issue?
  • Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.
  • Clip of the said issue.

With more details, we'll be able to provide you with the correct resolution. We're anticipating your response.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbarnes
Channel Surfer

I do not have the time to attempt recreating the issue to take a video of it. I’d have to sit and wait for it to happen, I’m too busy for that. Based on the comments I’ve seen, this is more than just my TV, and it’s on you to fix it. So I will repeat what’s already been said.

A variety of commenters using Samsung TVs have described the exact same issue, on this forum as well as Reddit. While streaming with the Roku app, the Spiderwick commercial stalls at the same point, when the kids start running. Nothing fixes it, we have to restart whatever we’re watching. I have another TV that has an Amazon fire stick to stream, and the Spiderwick commercial plays fine on there. It’s been happening since I started watching a show on the Roku app last month, not exactly sure when.

My response will not sort out this concern, nor will anything in my ability to change settings, only you can do that. There is a bug in your commercial that needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for your response, @Mjbarnes.

We hear and understand your sentiments. We apologize for the experience.

Would you mind providing the affected device(s)' serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)? Also, are there any specific channels besides the Roku Channel that are affected by the same issue?

Please let us know. Your response is highly appreciated.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbarnes
Channel Surfer

Yes, I do mind, because it’s not relevant. But here’s a pic of the “about this TV” page in the Samsung settings. In the background is the active Roku App. This is only an issue in the Roku app, with Roku’s commercial for Roku original content. No other commercial, no other app, no other channel.

IMG_5809.jpeg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.