Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum TV app not found on onn Roku TV.

Jump to solution

@TMike wrote:

Does anyone know what the sticking point(s) is with the contract negotiation?

Nothing has been made public. Some people are speculating that Roku doesn't want them anymore, while others say Spectrum doesn't want to return and would prefer going elsewhere. But in reality no one outside those companies knows. Most likely it has something to do with ad revenue, but again that's merely a guess. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
TP78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am sick and tired on not being able to access my Spectrum account on my two Roku TV's.  Made the mistake of attempting to uninstall/reinstall the Spectrum app on one of my Roku TV's when I was experiencing issues before finding out it wall all about this contract brouhaha between Roku and Spectrum.   Now I'm totally out of luck.   Can't even mirror the TV's from my iPhone any more, just get the spinny icon.   Roku needs to stop this nonsense and get the contract signed with Spectrum ASAP.  Otherwise I'll have to trash these recently purchased "boat anchors", buy different TV's,  and warn my friends to beware before buying "nicely priced" Rokus.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@TP78 

You only have one choice for a different TV. According to the Spectrum web site, the only devices that support their app are Samsung TVs, XBox game consoles, some iOS and Android devices. Here's the fine print from the site:

APPLE device requirements: iPad®, iPad®mini, iPhone®and iPod Touch®,running iOS 12 or higher.
KINDLE FIRE tablet requirements: All Kindle Fire models, including Kindle Fire HDX, are supported, except first-generation Kindle Fire.
ANDROID device requirements: All tablets and phones running Android 5.0 or higher are supported.
Xbox One requirements: All Xbox One models are supported.
Samsung Smart TV requirements: TV model years 2012 and newer are supported.
Google Chromecast requirements: All Google Chromecast devices supported.

Notice there's no Fire TV listed, only Kindle devices. Samsung TVs are much more expensive than any Roku TV. If you want the least costly way to get your app back, I suggest the Chromecast and connect it to your Roku TV. Why waste the money you've already spent to junk TVs that are working perfectly well, other than this one issue? Sure, don't buy Roku products again if you feel you must. But be reasonable with your money. 

Dan

TP78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks atc98092 for your reply.  I took your advice and purchased the Chromecast.  It suffices as a work around to all me to still utilize the existing Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Robynlor

Jump to solution

I uninstalled it because it would not work anymore. Now it is no longer available. Leave it to Spectrum. Smh Canceling my cable again tomorrow. Overpriced and now can't even watch what I am patting for. Not cool. Spectrum sent me a message saying that their app is no longer available on Roku but I can watch spectrum on other devices. Whatever Spectrum I'M NOT BUYING A NEW TV.

0 Kudos
Robynlor

Jump to solution

*paying not patting. 😂

0 Kudos
PJJVJ

Jump to solution

I am under the impression that if you have a ROKU device, with Spectrum app loaded, you can "add a device" to the SAME ROKU account, and the Spectrum app will be there?

I get this impression from Spectrum   recommending to "add a device" to existing account, and not to make a new ROKU account for each Roku device...

Anyone try this?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Spectrum TV app not found on Onn Roku TV.

Jump to solution

@PJJVJ 

We've heard of that working for some users, and we've also heard reports it didn't work. So I'd say the jury is still out if that is truly the case. 

Dan

0 Kudos
sabrin514
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's probably because Spectrum is greedy wants to screw their customers for $7.99 per month for EACH TV in the house just to use the service the customer is already paying for. Most people have 3-4 TV's in their home and Spectrum forces them to rent one HD box, but with the Roku, these boxes are not needed.

0 Kudos
Bob23

Jump to solution

According to Spectrum, they tried to get Roku to keep the app but Roku refused.  Someone is not telling the truth about this app.  Fortunately I had not deleted the app and can use it on Roku but if you delete the app you can not load it back.  According to Spectrum, the app is available on Apple TV device so I am thinking about dumping Roku and switching to Apple TV device.

0 Kudos