Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

@Wkillham  You mean you have a Roku TV. The sound glitch issue has been there for a very long time. Volume randomly goes down, garbled and more. It’s not a Roku issue but something DirecTV developers need to address. 

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

That's **bleep**.  It's a Roku / DirecTV Stream issue.  Roku doesn't get a pass on this.  They accept the apps from the developers, and they should notify the developers that there are customer complaints regarding the apps, as this directly reflects upon their products.  So I will definitely NOT excuse Roku for letting this issue exist for this long.  It's ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Poppy2  I imagine you own a laptop or a smartphone. When Microsoft releases an update or a new version of Windows and its messes up Adobe is it Microsoft fault? No. Is it up to Microsoft to fix it? No. Adobe needs to release a patch to make it work. When Apple releases a new new version of iOS and The next thing in our Facebook won’t work is that Apple‘s problem? It’s up to Meta to fix it. Same thing here. It’s not up for Roku to fix it. It’s up to DirecTV to fix it. If every single channel on Roku did it I could understand. But this isn’t the case

0 Kudos
FAR

I had my Roku 4k stick attached to my Samsung TV's HDMI with a 6 inch HDMI extender. I remover the extender and plugged in my Roku stick directly into my TV's HDMI port and the sound works fine now. 

0 Kudos
LHcapecod
Reel Rookie

It’s definitely a Direct tv issue! And they do not care! I spoke to a rep recently about another issue (trying to get NESN added) and briefly added in my frustration about the sound issue using Roku. I got the hard sell to upgrade to their “Roku type” device. Making me thoroughly convinced they are not fixing the issue intentionally. I imagine they feel people blame Roku more and will not lose customers. So…I will be switching out of Direct Tv as soon as I have time to figure out a streaming company who can provide the channels my family currently watch. 

0 Kudos
BillinGa
Reel Rookie

We have DIRECTV. The issue happens with our roku devices, and has never happened with our Apple tv. I don’t see how this is a Directv issue.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@BillinGa  This is about DirecTV Stream. Not DirecTV. The coding for each device and operating system is different. Meaning the DirecTV Stream app for Apple TV is not the same DirecTV Stream app for Roku. Roku calls them channels not apps. The DirecTV Stream channel is developed by DirecTV. Therefore they are responsible for fixing the sound issue. Which has been there since it was AT&T TV. 

0 Kudos
Carse
Binge Watcher

The sound issue of fading out and noise, happens on Amazon Prime, DirectV, and any other app I run through ROKU box.

Except on DirectV, I can switch between channels to restore sound. On Amazon Prime I have to exit the movie.

Again this does not happen on my Apple Box and it is getting very old - 5 years old.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@LHcapecod  I switched from DirecTV Stream to YouTube TV cause of this sound glitch. No NESN unfortunately but ESPN keeps me up to date with the Sox and Bruins. Plus YouTube TV is cheaper

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Carse  I watch Prime all the time. Watched entire series. There is no sound glitches on Prime. This is a sound glitch that is only present on the DirecTV Stream channel. It was there even when it was the AT&T TV channel. Been like that for awhile but DirecTV refuses to fix it 

0 Kudos