Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justjennifer
Reel Rookie

Re: Someone Else Logged Into YouTube On My Roku

Thanks I will change that today. And they actually do log in. I was watching you tube and it froze and said so and so has now logged in and I was logged out. So I had to go to the log in and log them out and log myself back in. I wasn't aware of the mirroring and will fix it. Thanks everyone for your help and insight.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Justjennifer  Think of it as WiFi. When you scan for Wi-Fi signals you can pick up your neighbors signal. The most home users have a password on their Wi-Fi. But you can also disable your network from being discovered to begin with. Make your network hidden. So you can also prevent this on your Roku. You can’t make your Roku hidden but you can however prevent people from casting to it if it’s a nearby device

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Easy fixEasy fix

0 Kudos
Svano
Reel Rookie

Same exact issue Im experiencing on Roku tv

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Svano

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue occurring on a specific channel? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nate37
Binge Watcher

I feel like it's all included in the post. So if you read it I am confused by these questions. The specific channel is youtube (hence the name of the subject/thread). I don't do anything to recreate the issue. It occurs on its own while I am watching youtube. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nate37

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? When this issue occurs, what happens? What do you do after this issue happens? Have you verified that you are logged into another users account? If so, have you tried re-authenticating the channel with your credentials? If you re-authenticate the channel, does the issue keep occurring? Can you provide the tracker ID when this happens (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nate37
Binge Watcher

You know, this issue was really bothering me when I posted it like a year or 2 (I don't remember when now) ago but I no longer even use Roku anymore. I use my phone, Firestick, and ps5 instead and rarely have any issues. All this to say that as much as I appreciate someone finally trying to help get this issue resolved that is way too many asks for something I no longer use. So, thanks but it is way too late for me to care anymore or take the time to go through all of that now.

0 Kudos
LesliePDX

I had something similar happen recently. I purchased a new Roku sound bar, and after I set it up, I noticed three different apps were already logged in as someone else.

The first two seem to be the same person's login\name, so I assumed I had been re-sold a soundbar that had been returned by someone else who'd set up some apps. But, the third app had my sister's login ... So, I ruled out the bought-a-returned-product theory

I have an apartment in my basement that uses a Wi-Fi extender attached to the main / upstairs house. My best guess is that somehow the internet connection is remembering what people did on the Roku downstairs.

The downstairs has its own Roku set up (just a regular Roku, not a sound bar). The two Rokus are not at all connected to each other intentionally, and there is no way someone could have logged on to the new Roku sound bar in the few days since I bought it.

It's still a bit of a mystery, but this is the only thing I can think of that what explained the new Roku sound bar thinking that three apps had already been logged into.

0 Kudos
Nate37
Binge Watcher

This seems to be a YouTube/wifi issue because I have had the same thing happen on my Firestick and PS5. I'll be in my YouTube app and suddenly I am logged in on someone else's account somehow even though I didn't log out of my own nor do I have anyone else's info. This happened while connected to a public wifi.

It has never happened with my phone which has its own data connection.

0 Kudos