Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Someone Else Logged Into YouTube On My Roku

In system settings, you can set the Roku to either ask before someone can cast to it. You can even disable casting if you don't need it or if there are problems like the above. Not sure if that will prevent the YouTube issues or not if it works through some other method.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I think youtube does something specific and doesn't respect these settings.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Justjennifer
Reel Rookie

Is there a way to go back and see a list of names that has logged into my you tube on my ROKU?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

People are not hacking your Roku first of all. Roku does not keep a history log. Casting only works from within a 20' radius. Now if you have extremely close neighbors they could possibly see your Roku device as a "available casting devices". If you go back to the first post of this thread they are speaking about another family member being logged in. You can disable screen mirroring to prevent this. 

0 Kudos
Feriniguez
Reel Rookie

Same happened to me. I didn't try to cast anything. My wife told me that my father in law had my account in his Roku. I went to check and it was true. He has his own YouTube account and we are paying the premium as a family. This is so weird. It is like a security issue on both rokus and YouTube. Please fix it!!

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Does your father in law live with you? Is he logged into your Roku account? Meaning did you setup his Roku? Roku syncs login credentials across devices under the same account. There isn’t a YouTube account. It’s a Google account. 

0 Kudos
Feriniguez
Reel Rookie

He doesn't live with me but I came to visit him. i didn't set up his Roku and I've never touched it. I never tried to stream something from my phone to it. I realized the issue when I saw my username in YouTube, I know that it is the Google account, but said YouTube account only to refer to the YouTube app.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Feriniguez  Your issue is with Google. Not Roku. FYI you might want to read this 

B3190F0F-54BE-40EC-A966-CAAAB0E9ADD3.jpeg

0 Kudos
Justjennifer
Reel Rookie

I live in a dorm and had people who work here and also other students log in and was curious if I could see a log of names that signed into you tube. Since I see it's common I'm not that concerned.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

They aren't necessarily logging into your YouTube. When you watch YouTube on your phone or laptop you can cast to a device. Sometimes people mistakenly cast to unknown devices. Google will prompt them to trust the device. To prevent this you can disable the mirroring feature on your Roku. There is no log kept for who logged in. If your Roku is within 20' of a near by device then others will see it and can cast from their device to your Roku. 

0 Kudos