Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandilew81
Reel Rookie

Some channels not loading, Prime especially

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Roku streambar, and for about a week now, my Prime channel takes forever to load, if it loads.  Most of the time, after a long wait, of seeing nothing but the Prime opening screen, there is a message that for some reason it is unable to load,   If you wait long enough I get the message in many languages.

I have unhooked everything, and hooked it back up.  Checked for updates to Roku and Prime, it tells me all is up to date.  For a day or so there was a similar problem with Pluto, and Tubi as well, but then they started working just fine.  Right now it is Prime that is annoying me most, especially as Tubi and Pluto are working just fine.  

I even removed Prime, and then added it back on, hoping that might help.  But so far, it still just sits there doing nothing.  I have the Prime app on my tablet, and it loads with no issues at all.  But on the Roku, nothing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sandie Knapp

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sandilew81
Reel Rookie

Re: Some channels not loading, Prime especially

Jump to solution

Replying to my own post.

I removed the Prime channel from my Roku lineup, then went back and added it back.  I just now tuned in, and after a short delay it asked me to sign in, go to a web page for it.and after signing in, I had to enter a code that was on the TV screen.  It passed, and Prime began working again.  I am watching now, and it is running flawlessly.  

Sorry I didn't do that earlier, but maybe this will be helpful to someone else at some time. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sandilew81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Replying to my own post.

I removed the Prime channel from my Roku lineup, then went back and added it back.  I just now tuned in, and after a short delay it asked me to sign in, go to a web page for it.and after signing in, I had to enter a code that was on the TV screen.  It passed, and Prime began working again.  I am watching now, and it is running flawlessly.  

Sorry I didn't do that earlier, but maybe this will be helpful to someone else at some time. 

0 Kudos
CLLynn

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with Prime and here's my fix. It's not only slow to load but every click gives  5-10 sec. black screen. My Sony TV is 4K and the Roku Display setting defaults to the Auto 4k hdr 10, 60fps setting. I set the Display to 1080 and now Prime loads instantly, as well as all other channels that can be a "slow load."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.