Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgeg3
Binge Watcher

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

I posted on the SiriusXM Facebook page about the issue.  They either deleted it or never posted it.

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Three days now since I haven't been able to log in.  The app won't launch past the SiriusXM logo with radio signal pulses on the sides, then eventually goes to "Something went wrong" screen.  I just did a factory reset of the Roku Stick, hoping it would fix it.  No dice.  Is anyone (Roku) monitoring this thread anymore?

Roku device model - 3810CA

Serial number - YH007U406368 (265047406368)

Device ID - 265047406368

Software OS/version - 11.0.0 BUILD 4193-50

SiriusXM Version - 3.0 BUILD 44

Tracker ID 68-339-731

TIMESTAMP: 2022-08-24T22:11:33Z

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

August 24, 2022

SXM appears to running a little longer than previous week.  Sometimes it just stops and after pressing down arrow, the sorry message appears and no audio is possible unless you switch channels and then switch back to the one where the app failed.  Over this past weekend, it either stopped or crashed back to the Roku menu.  Usually, the audio just stops.  On weekends, the app tends to run a little longer if it does not fail within 30 minutes. The app may require several restarts before it runs longer than 30 minutes. 

Today the app ran 12-ish hours before stopping and sending the "Are you still listening" screen and stopping the audio.  The length of time before this screen appears is variable.  Sometimes it takes 20 hours before this screen is sent.  After about 8 hours, the app removes all graphics and title information from the track info screen.  This track info screen will appear by default after some amount of time of streaming--I haven't timed this behavior.  This post 8-ish hours screen today looks like:

SXM blank screen after 8 hours-ish.jpg

When I restarted the app today, it sent the "Error fetching favorites" message.  The favorites were visible and started streaming when selected.  Sometimes, the app requires several attempt to start streaming.  SXM may be doing maintenance while someone is attempting to launch the app.  If the app is already streaming for a user, that user might be able to continue even though someone who is attempting to start streaming cannot start streaming.  SXM is the only entity that knows the answer and they are silent. 

Signing off from SXM might clear out whatever junk the app is storing that prevents a launch.  Signing off may change your settings.  The exit using the back button was turning on Tunestart.  However, today the app is not turning on Tunestart by default.   

For the last two weeks, SXM has had global problems that cause blips in the user reported stats near the end of the workweek.   The down stats can be found here:

https://downdetector.com/status/siriusxm/

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

August 26, 2022

Today I was able to see the "Are you still listening" warning within SXM.  First, the audio stops. Next, the “Sorry, Something went wrong" message appears.  Next, press on the OK key.  Next screen is the “Are you still listening” popup.  I highlighted the “Keep Listening” button and pressed OK.  No change in audio.  Streaming stopped before the first warning message was sent.  Exit the app and relaunch in order to start streaming again.   App crashed back to Roku after 2 hours.  Relaunched app and audio stopped after 43 minutes.

In other words, SXM app is still unpredictable. 

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

August 27, 2022

Build 3.0  Version 44

Today SXM was streaming for 5 hours and I foolishly used the remote to return to the Favorites menu screen when there were no apparent problems.   On the screen that normally shows the channels that the user has saved as their Favorites, only the words "Favorites Channels Shows Episodes" was visible at the top of the screen.  None of the actual favorite channels were visible.  In the location where these channels would normally be visible was only the blue background screen.  Audio was still present for the channel selected after the app launch.

Most attempts at navigation were futile.  Using the directional arrows on the remote would cause the click sound to be generated but since there was no indication if any invisible buttons were being enlarged for selection, choosing a different channel was impossible.  The back button's actions were ineffective since the warning exit popup never appeared.  Without a point of reference of where the invisible "cursor" was, it was impossible to guess what was on the screen.  

The Home button would exit to Roku.  However, upon relaunch of SXM, streaming would resume where the app left off with the same unpopulated Favorites menu screen and no way to change anything within the app or exit with the back button to clear out memory of this absurd scenario.  If I could get to the Settings screen, I could signoff.   The app is stuck in this blank menu loop due to corrupted data with no normal escape method. 

Not thinking this next step would work, I removed SXM from Roku and then added it back.  When relaunching SXM, it asked for login credentials.  After entry, the next signon screen showed the populated login credentials.  Pressing OK went though the screen with the SiriusXM logo screen while it logged in.  Voila.  The normal SXM screen was back without being stuck in the blank menu loop.  This remove/add process simulates the sign-off cycle.  If you ever get weird behavior within SXM and can’t get to the signoff area in the Settings screen, try this. 

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

@HAL9000_Y2K_VER

Your method does work.. sometimes.  Sometimes it kinda works, at least getting you out out of the frozen-app loop so you can log back in, but then the app is sometimes still not quite back to "normal".  It's hit and miss.  You may soon find that out.  But then again, who wants to keep having to go through all this bull every time we turn around?  I've done your method many times already while waiting for the fix that the team is diligently working on...

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

For the last week, the settings save and do not turn on by default. I am able to save tunestart to off and autoplay off. I have not really had any bugs unless I play it for an extremely long time like 10 plus hours. I do not what has happened because the app still is version 3.0 build 44. Maybe all of the recent problems they have had they might have fixed some things. Other than a couple of bugs here and there after listening for a while, I have gotten the app to run pretty well. I don't know what happened lol

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

September 2, 2022

New version today 3.2 build 52.  No announcement.  New version is not backwards compatible with previous version data stored by the app.  App would not launch and stream.  Remote keys would not navigate except Home key.  App would not show favorites but would show something playing in top left hand corner box on main screen even though there was no audio.  Way to go SXM--not. 

I had to remove and then add the app back to Roku.  Strangely, it remembered my password when last week when I had to remove/add, app did not retain password.  

Prior to this install, app would jitter and buzz like a stuck CD after streaming a few hours.  It would resolve if you exit and relaunch the app.   I wonder if they were fixing this problem with the newest patch.  The Favorites screen still does not refresh the the track details on any of the buttons from the values fetched upon launch.  

Otherwise I am sure this version is perfect.  

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Yup. Started out promising. Got part of yesterday and part of this morning out of it, although the Autoplay on startup setting still didn't work.  Now back to total krap.  Relaunch, reload, sign in, sign out, etc., just doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Caniac315

Mine was doing better a few weeks ago.  It had stopped switching off, but would break for a few seconds and then start back.  Now, for the last week, it has gone back to completely cutting off after about 20 minutes.  I complained to Sirius months ago and of course, they had no solution or plan of action.  I think I will contact them tomorrow and cancel my subscription.  I didn't want to do this, but this is beyond ridiculous.  I'm not going to continue to pay for this.

0 Kudos