Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCMLXAD
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

i how can i do that?

0 Kudos
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

omg. not today.

0 Kudos
ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Since my last post I’ve found the following:

I start up the Roku with SiriusXM in the morning and let it play.  If I change channels in less than about 1 hour it works OK on a different channel, but if I let it play on one channel for maybe 2 hours or more it will still play music, but I and unable to change to a different channel.  None of the buttons will work except for the HOME button.  That has been going on for several days.  I have now found what I think is the underlying problem and fixed it.  I did the following when it stops working:

• Press the HOME button
  • Scroll to SETTINGS, then to SYSTEM, then to POWER
  • When in POWER change the setting for “Auto Power savings”

Uncheck the box that says “After 20 minutes of no interaction”

• Then press SYSTEM RESTART

I am now able to go to a different channel!

I think this may have been the reason why our ROKU stops after 20 minutes no matter what we do.  Try it and if it works have a Happy 4th of July!

0 Kudos
ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Looks like changing the Power saving setting was not a permanent fix.  After about 1 hour I could not change the channel and had to do another System Reset.  Hopefully Roku gets the problem fixed soon.

0 Kudos
jmhabo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku Information
Model: 4210X - Roku 2
Serial number: 5F461U225442
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-04
Timestamp: 2022-07-04T12:55:28Z
Issue ID 42-265-735
(There is no Device ID in System-About)

SiriusXM app
Version 3 Build 42

Steps to Reproduce Issue
Open SiriusXM app and play SiriusXM channel 59 for approximately 50 minutes (can take several hours).
Music stops and Roku returns to Home screen

0 Kudos
elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

A few observations.

1.  I tried updating my SiriusXM channel as Roku Danny recommended. It didn't work, even though he claims this is a solution and has marked the issue as resolved. (Sick joke, I guess?) It still shuts off right around the 20 minute mark. 

2. Now that I've updated, the app is even more slow and glitchy than it was before.

3. The "TuneStart" setting is on by default. I prefer to listen live, so I turned it off. (When I have to restart talk programs every 20 minutes, it's super annoying to have them start at the beginning...especially since the fast forward feature is glitchy and unresponsive.) Unfortunately, SiriusXM doesn't save my settings...it defaults back to "on" every single time I open the app. What a pain in the **bleep**.

4. The channel isn't tracking my listening history. When I go to "recent," it shows a bunch of channels, but none of them are channels I've actually listened to.  This means I have to search for my channels every 20 minutes, which is a huge pain. Especially since the app is now super slow.

PLEASE FIX IT. It seems like it's getting more and more broken.

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't get it. The old Sirius xm app worked just fine. 

charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am conceding defeat.  They are not going to fix it.  

Jaguar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Supposed "update" doesn't work for me either. And I have tried the dozen or more as well, just wasted my time. I don't get it, you'd think that they could use the fact that Sirius XM is received on Roku TV's as a marketing tool (for free if subscribed) to appeal to prospective (as well as official) members, so why don't they fix it? If I was working for a TV or Radio station I would be asked to fix it in a day, or be fired. There must be some tech management issue or production problem in a foreign country going on. I don't think making it work is rocket science.

Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You'd think they would have fixed it by now or just put up the old Sirius app.

My Sirius subscription ends next month. I won't be renewing.