Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mizebonyangel
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Still not working! 

0 Kudos
MCMLXAD
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

i have done that 10 times and it does not work

0 Kudos
Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know they have their reasons,  but why don't they just go back to the older app verion

charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The new version is unfixable. Because it should have been fixed already. Time to trash it and put back in the old tried and true version, or you risk going out of business.

Jaguar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also tried to 'update' the siriusXM App, (and I do not have many apps running on my ROKU besides) but alas, the TV said it updated it but like clockwork it shut off at 20 minutes, tried twice. 

I DID notice a change in a fine blue 'bar' line at the bottom of the App while it was running for 20 minutes. It used to be 3/4 across the page, and now it is only 1/4 across the bottom to no blue bar at all. The Blue bar reminds me of a program loading but just not getting all the way there.

0 Kudos
Gatorgirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Didn’t anyone st SiriusXM or Roku test this before telling us it was fixed?
Ridiculous! More time wasted. Very disappointed and am on the verge of canceling SiriusXM. Not even minimal viable product at this point, because not viable. Let us know when there is a TESTED solution. 

HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I have been able to get past the 20 minute timeout on the 3800 before today.  However, XM would always crash or lock up after varying amounts of time depending on what was changed for the test.  Isolating the device in question immediately extended runtime to hours.  The isolation was not a practical solution only a means to reveal some source of the problem.   To clarify, I am only testing the 3800 now.  The 3930 and 3900 might work differently. 

Yesterday, I was getting reproducible timeouts at 29ish minutes.  This test was connected to the 2.4GHz band on a dual band router.  When I would connect to the 5GHz band, XM would stay up for 2 or more hours.  XM does not need that much bandwidth.  With either band, the track details screen would get stuck after about an hour.  This screen getting stuck seems to have been fixed today.  This sticky problem may have been easier to reproduce and therefore simpler to fix.   The progress bar is still wonky.  Shows can last for hours so the green bar moves sloooowly.   If you press the stop button on the track details screen, it shows the begin/end times for the “show” in progress.  The begin/end times are not local time but CEST aka Paris, France time zone.  Maybe, the time is correct in France if you can even subscribe to XM there.    

Yesterday, I restarted the first router (Router 1) in the path because the computer was losing connectivity on that router.  Both routers are on a UPS so this device may have been behind in some updates from Google.  I did not notice much change in the XM's runtime.  What made the biggest difference lately was to clear out the statistical accumulators associated with wireless activity.  Go to Home screen, Settings, System, Advanced system settings, Network connection reset, Reset connection.  Press Reset connection.  The device will restart.  You can see these accumulators on the Wireless Secret Screen.  Sometimes the retry count is more than the frames count after running XM.  After the reset and restart, Roku has forgotten all connections and accumulators are set to zero.  If I test on the high band of the Router 2, XM runs longer than on the lower band.  This workaround is not practical but only helps to explain that network connections may be responsible for the timeout.

Previously, I had tested with Router 2 and the Roku device so close they were in contact.  This proximity did not increase uptime and may have decreased it.   The router may be emitting RF that overlaps the Wifi frequencies. 

I was going to find some software to analyze the wireless activity but learning Wireshark plus extra modules to install would take me too long.  Since one of my earlier isolation tests dramatically improved uptime, I factory reset Router 2 which is patched to Router 1 via Ethernet cable.  Roku device will be connected to Router 2 using 2.4GHz band and restricted to channel 3 to ensure no interference or channel hopping.  The network reset erased all passwords so the device cannot connect to Router 1 and is only allowed 1 channel.  All other devices are connected to Router 1 with non-overlapping channels.  This test happened to coincide with an XM update to 3.0.42.  After seeing the email traffic, I killed XM, reset network connection, re-logged in to Router 2’s 2.4GHz band.  XM has been up 5 hours and 32 minutes so maybe it is working. 

Next, I will test again without a network reset and then again with no restrictions on Router 2.  If there are any crashes at 29 minutes but no crashes with isolation via router setup, then the timeout bug is not fixed for the 3800.  

0 Kudos
SuperMario
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This keeps happening to me as well.  The new app (I don't know why they got rid of the old app that, you know, actually worked) runs fine for 10-20 minutes or so and then just crashes randomly back to the home screen.  It's driving me crazy.

ChasLundquist
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m guessing that now I’m going to told that I have to buy a brand new TCL Roku TV to listen to Sirius/XM uninterrupted again. I will never buy another TCL Roku TV ever again. By the way, the new Sirius/XM Sleep Channel 1120 plays interrupted for 8 hours - wowie zowie

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I updated the SiriusXM channel on my TCL and Sharp TVs. Both are still exiting to the home screen after aprox. 20 minutes. Clearly, the developers tested the "fix" as well as they tested the original release. In other words, they didn't.