Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astroman215
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Tried this twice,... still cuts off after 19 minutes!

0 Kudos
astroman215
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried this twice,... still cuts off at 19 minutes!

ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

What is the model number of the Roku player  you have?  I am beginning to suspect that unless  you have a Roku Ultra model with at least 1GB of memory, then  you are running out of memory and the Roku firmware is not detecting this and is simply hanging up.  Did you remove any unused apps to free up memory?  Some of the older models only have 512MB of memory and I'm guessing that is simply not enough with all the things Roku has added in the past year or two.  I noticed the newest Roku Ultra now comes with 2GGB of memory, and there are good reasons why they increased it.

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The same issue happens on my philips Roku TV.

Roku Ultra is 4800X.

0 Kudos
ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't have a Roku TV.    Your Roku Ultra is a recent model and should work perfectly.  I'm out of ideas.

0 Kudos
ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You may be on to something with the memory angle.

Several members have posted that the "Xtra" channels will play uninterrupted, but I have found that if you spend some time searching for an Xtra channel, by the time you get there it won't play at all. I'll try paring down my apps, then remove/re-install SXM. If that helps, I'll let you know.

Waterbug
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think you are correct.  My Roku TV is a TCL.  However, until the last Sirius update, my channels all played continuously.   So what did Sirius add in last update that changed allocation of memory?  Or is it simply that there isn't enough?  I have removed as much as I can from TV and performed the 'Ultra' user's solution but it didn't work.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the channel partner to investigate the issue.

We believe the issue should now be resolved. We would recommend checking for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Roku Home screen and pressing the * button and selecting Check for updates.

Once the channel is updated, try seeing if the issue is still occurring. Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's not working. the app shut down after 20 minutes on the Roku tv. I'll have to check to see if the issues are still occuring on my roku ultra. THE ISSUE IS NOT FIXED. 

0 Kudos
CrimsonLynx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's a negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is still full of bugs. 

0 Kudos