Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

That’s all they have told anyone…. it does not work

0 Kudos
masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As I said in my post, it did work for me on the Ultra (4800X). Not sure about other Roku models.

0 Kudos
Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

masalaav,

That is the same instructions I received when I called Monday. The representative told me the issue had been resolved and had me go through your outlined process to take care of the issue. Well, for me it didn’t work. 20 minutes and out once more. I have a Sharp Roku TV. 

It is obvious they have not gotten an internal talking points document so everyone facing their customers will have the same story/information. It has become comical. Every representative has a different take on the issue.

masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I understand your frustration. 3+ weeks is ridiculous to get a fix. You would think that they would have field tested across models before releasing the new app in the first place, but...

From what I understood from the SXM support rep (heavily accented and fragmented English), updates were not occurring if logged in. That appears to be true, because when I checked the version of the app before deleting it, it was at v2.5-build 28 and after performing the instructions from the rep, the app was now v2.5-build 32. They seem to have rectified the update issue, because the current build on my Ultra is 34 as of this morning. Proof that they are working on it, at least.

All I can say is that the most recent update worked on my Ultra (4800X, OS v.11.0.0-build 4193-C2). Anyone with that model should be able to fix the issue using the instructions the rep provided. As for the app on other Roku devices, all I can say is to try the instructions that were provided until the issue resolves.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm at build 34 on all 3 of my Roku TVs (Sharp, TCL, and RCA). They're all still kicking me out after 20 minutes. It also seems that when I get kicked out, the app has no memory of what I was listening to because the channel doesn't appear in the "recent" list. 20220608_093344.jpg

jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Some further observations, on the Roku Sirius app version 2.5 build 34 (currently Roku Express plug in):

1. When you go in to the app it says your most recent channel is playing track Z, track Z is two tracks away.
  2. When you start playing it says it is playing track Y but it is playing track X, this will eventually catch up.
  3. When showing the thin light blue track progress bar (assuming it is track progress) never seems to move off of 3/4 complete so is completely broken.
  4. If you ignore most recent stations and instead go into favorites and then select the radio station it seems to play for much longer in my recent experience.

masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

rabidbaby,

I did notice that the "recent' isn't retained once the app is exited. I does retain "recents" as long as the app remains open. Just another bug for them to work out.

Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I also note that I am now on Version 2.5 build 34 on my Sharp Roku TV. Still being kicked out at approximately 20 minutes. Agree that things are occurring but they aren’t quite there yet.

masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

jjetset,

"When you go in to the app it says your most recent channel is playing track Z, track Z is two tracks away." The app seems to be showing the current "live" track. If you use the GoLive feature, it appears to be correct.

"When showing the thin light blue track progress bar (assuming it is track progress) never seems to move off of 3/4 complete so is completely broken." Mine was at 1/3 this morning, but you're right that it doesn't move. The "progress bar" also shows the start of the hour on the left and the end of the hour on the right, neither of which is correct (unless they're displaying GMT??).

"If you ignore most recent stations and instead go into favorites and then select the radio station it seems to play for much longer in my recent experience." That was not my experience. It was always approximately 20 minutes regardless of how I started a station playing. Even worse, on Sunday I couldn't get any more than 5 minutes before freezing. No matter how I accessed and no matter which station. Then on Monday it was back to the 20 minutes.

It looks like SXM is attempting to create a similar UI across platforms, because the "new" Roku version bears a more striking similarity to the Android phone and AndroidTV versions of the app (which, in my opinion were inferior to the original Roku version), but there is no doubt that the upgraded Roku version was prematurely released.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update. I logged out and back in again, and now SiriusXM has been playing for an hour on my Sharp TV. I haven't tried it yet on the TCL or RCA, but I'm cautiously optimistic. 🤞