Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smooch
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

@mcasella-sc-rr- wrote:

Just received a call from SiriusXM Corporate Solutions Team with this fix.  Shut off tv.  Remove SiriusXM channel from Roku.  Reinstall SeriusXM channel.  She indicated that four other users with the same problem used this fix and it worked.  I just tried it and after 20 minutes still playing.  Hope this helps all affected users.  Contacted her on the SiriusXM help page under "Unresolved problems" emailed and she called back same day.  Enjoy!!

Nope.

Twenty minutes by the clock (by the timer I set, right here next to me). The only difference is that now I am not kicked back to the Roku home page, but to the SXM channel info page.

I shifted order of actions, because how to remove channel from Roku when TV is off?

I signed out of SXM, removed it from Roku listings, shut down and restarted Roku, reloaded SXM and signed in with my password. Set it going on Symphony. Came in to office and set timer for 20 minutes. At 00:53, about as much time as it took to come in here and get settled and set the timer, SXM via TV in other room shut off.

Then I came in here to complain some more. 😄

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm waiting to see if it plays past twenty minutes. The now playing in the corner was right on time this time and I didn't have to go through extra buttons to get to the right time on the channel 

Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Tried it again. Nope.

Now the SXM is version 2.5 b build 28

I am pretty patient but right now I am not amused.

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Nope. Doesn't work. It did almost not kick out though. The song started skipping and then kicked out. 😐

mrtn1855

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue since the update in May... TCL TV with Ruku onboard. Plays 2-5 songs then exits to Roku home screen. Today I had enough. Completely reset TV to factory settings and started over... Same problem...

Talked to Sirius 3 times and their solution was to wait a couple of hours....Ha!

At this point I'm giving up and probably cancelling as I want to stream more than in my truck.

barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just tried this. Didn't work. Bounced out at 20 minutes again.

I wish Roku and SiriusXM would finally admit update is a bust, sunk cost, and scrap it. 

And re-install old program app, due to their egos, listeners are paying the price.

mrtn1855

Jump to solution

Just used chat to cancel subscription (that's a nightmare in itself). I primarily stream it in my home office during the workday and don't use it in my truck much. And the app is now unusable.

Good luck to you all.

0 Kudos
mizebonyangel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was hopeful, but removing Sirius XM channel and reinstalling did not work.  Still stops after playing 20 minutes.🤬

MelG
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I looked & saw this new feature. I 'unselected' and  cleared the boxes. Will see & report if this helps to keep XM app continuous  play and not kick out. 

0 Kudos
MelG
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Everyone: my Roku-TCL tv is having  this issue on the SXM app. 

My LG Smart-tv has no issue. It only asked me to login and  it works the same...same time updated. 

The issue has to be on the Roku. Just sharing my experience 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.