Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkStrobel33
Reel Rookie

Re: Shuffling Youtube Playlists

Jump to solution

To me, this seems more like a Youtube than a Roku issue.  Youtube and Youtube music has the shuffling function.  But, the Youtube app for Roku simply does not.  So, shuffling the videos on your mobile device or computer and casting them to the Roku TV won't work since the Roku app doesn't have this function.  Perhaps in time, Youtube will add this function to the their Roku app.

RobertMaxx

Jump to solution

This does not solve the problem, RokuDanny. This does not even give us the option to let YouTube know there is a problem. Casting does not solve the problem either because that means I have to use my phone when I would just like to shuffle some music videos in the background while I do other things. Roku and YouTube need to get together and figure out why this is an issue and fix it.

Cnh-320
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also would like to he able to shuffle on the roku tv. I have almost a 1000 song playlist and like to listen and watch while I do other stuff. Don't understand why there is a play all button but not shuffle. Casting doesn't always work for me or it lags when it does. Please fix this in the app. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cnh-320

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality as well as feature requests, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
goobysnax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

RokuDanny, are you trying to tell us that we should be telling YouTube to fix this since it's their app? I think that's what you mean. But it shouldn't be marked as resolved since the problem isn't actually resolved.

Tags (2)
Welshw520
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's been years. At this point, I'm convinced Roku-Danny's responses are just automated bot trash. The *only* thing that will ever persuade me otherwise is if the "resolved" tag on this thread is removed.

FWIW, YouTube didn't answer my query about this in their forums either. So the one thing Roku and YouTube are compatible on is their refusal to help users work through problems. Great job guys.

My current work-around is casting YouTube to the TV from my phone. But it's stupid that they couldn't just add a shuffle feature to the TV app. Get it together guys.

goobysnax
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah same here. I go to the playlist and pick out different vids to make my own "shuffle" adding each to the queue. it just seems like such a basic feature though, even Netflix has a Shuffle mode now!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Seriously what the literal **bleep**, this is such a basic feature my 1996 Honda civics stock stereo back in high school had it.  Add shuffle to YouTube app on Roku please for **bleep**s sake.

Welshw520
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update:

It took Robo-Roku-Danny so long to stop making excuses and answer that it became time for me to buy a new TV.

Not wanting to repeat this abysmal buck-passing experience with tech support, I did not purchase a Roku. I'm done with them. People probably don't think about customer loyalty much when it comes to TV purchases. But it became relevant here.

The Roku TV was showing it's age and having all kinds of software issues. However, it has found a new life as a second monitor for my laptop in my office (via HDMI port). And funnily enough, I am now finally able to listen to my YouTube work playlist on shuffle without hassle.

Jdccs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This assertion is incorrect for most TVs. Casting YouTube to a TV does not involve the Roku app at all. So, casting and shufle-okayong a YouTube playlist is irrelevant to the Roku YouTube app. You're not casting through the app.

If the Roku TV does not allow non-Roku (so to speak) access to the TV, that's just a great reason to NOT buy a Roku TV. 

0 Kudos