Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HBuser

Shows on Acorn & Britbox stop playing half way through

Bought new 4K and now some shows stop halfway through and it goes to main screen where you select episodes?  Never happened with my other Roku.  Not sure if it happens with other apps. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Shows on Acorn & Britbox stop playing half way through

@HBuser

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the Roku model device you are experiencing this issue with? How are you powering the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markx

I have recently begun experiencing the same issue with some, but not all, episodes on Acorn. The Acorn subscription is billed through Roku. This is while using Roku Ultra Model 4800X. I installed this Roku unit several months ago and had no issues until recently. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @markx

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you tell us more about your concern? How are you accessing Acorn? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone one? Do you receive an error code or message?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
markx

An episode will begin playing and within the first 30 seconds or so simply stop.

Accessing Acorn as a standalone channel. The Acorn subscription was purchased and is billed through Roku. Confirmed that the subscription is active (through next May). No error codes or other messages. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@markx

Appreciate the prompt response!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
YumaSal
Reel Rookie

I am having a similar problem with Acorn. It plays about 30 seconds and then goes back to the home screen. I bought the UltraLT and that's when it started, so I returned it and got a 4k+, that one did the same thing, so I exchanged it for another 4k+ and it does the same thing.

I tried the suggested solution of removing the app, restarting the device and adding the app back and it still stops playing.

However, if I put the original roku device we bought (from 2017) then it plays fine.  However, I really like the ability to be able to search using speech. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @YumaSal

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Acorn cross other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Acorn and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
YumaSal
Reel Rookie

It only happens on Acorn. And I tried removing the app, restarting and adding it back. It still doesn't work.  

0 Kudos
YumaSal
Reel Rookie

Acorn works fine on my Hisense Roku TV and also if I use my old Roku device, so the problem must be with the newer Roku devices and not with Acorn. 

0 Kudos