Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM0

Disney channel on Roku no longer recognizes my email account

We have a subscription to Disney channel, which appears on our Roku home screen. Someone staying at our house tried to access the channel one day but could not. Now the channel asks me to log in and enter the password for our Roku account. I do but then it says it does not recognize my email. I checked the settings on the Roku account on the TV and the email is correct. I checked the email and updated my password on Roku.com and that works. I continue to pay the subscription for Disney each month, but I cannot access the channel. Should I try removing the channel and then try getting it again??

Any help is appreciated.

MM

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Disney channel on Roku no longer recognizes my email account

Are you speaking about Disney Now or Disney+? How do you pay for Disney? Do you pay it from your Roku account or straight to Disney? There are actually 6 Disney channels available on Roku. Which one are you speaking of? 

0 Kudos
MM0

I am talking about Disney+, which I pay each month. The merchant name appears on my statement as "Roku for Disney Electroni." I started to subscribe to Disney+ in 2020, several years after getting Roku. As noted, the Disney+ channel worked for 18 months until this January.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Ok so your paying for Disney+ through your Roku account correct? That is never a good idea with any streaming service. Always subscribe directly to the services website. Is the Disney+ channel currently logged into with another account? Exactly what happens when you launch Disney+ on your Roku? You are presented with the screen that says sign in or sign up? When you click sign in as you did before it no longer works? When you log into your Roku account online does it show an active subscription to Disney+? 

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Great questions @Streamer317

Hi @mmo, let's take this to a private message so we can ask you a few questions in order to see what's going on with your Disney+ subscription.

Thank you,

Joseph-Roku

0 Kudos

Disney+ doesn't recognize my password on 2 out of 3 devices in my home (password is correct). It asks for my ROKU password and then tells me it's wrong. I'm currently blocked from using Disney+ on one TV due to trying to log in. Usually, I get the option to enter a code that's been sent to my email address, but this time no such luck.

I subscribe to Disney+ through ROKU - may be changing to subscribing directly if this doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @sunshinegirl

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Disney + support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach their support team here: Disney support 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos