Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsclarks
Channel Surfer

Re: Shows not having all the seasons available

Last time I'm explaining this.. Hulu the worst my main account lost every episode and season of all the shows... I started a new user name magically all seasons are there but main account still messed up I updated the Roku and Hulu unplugged the TV and Roku countless times Hulu says it's Roku Roku says Hulu but not just Hulu any show that has seasons HBO, Tubi etc seasons are gone on the main account 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jsclarks 

Thanks for the follow up regarding missing content on your account.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • what specific content are you seeing missing (seasons/episodes)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • photo/video that illustrates what is happening so we can better understand the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Invidaelius
Channel Surfer

Yes it's Hulu usually, however it's also content on roku itself such as third rock from the sun. On hulu it is the most noticeable, and such shows like malcolm in the middle, family guy, bobs burgers, how I met your mother. And those are just some I can think off the top of my head. Malcolm and the middle and family guy also show season 1 but not anything else. And it works on all other none roku devices. It works on the wifi and off but not on the roku tvs. It's horrible for roku to blame hulu when it's so very clearly a roku malfunction.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Invidaelius 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with season missing when viewing channels.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue? To clarify, is the Roku TV connected to an internet connection at all times when viewing content? Can you please provide the exact steps and situation that you are seeing this issue occur with?

Please be aware that the Roku TV will need to connected to the internet in order to view and stream content.

With more details and clarification, we will be more than happy to continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Invidaelius
Channel Surfer

It is connected to the internet at all times. The connection is fine and has been tested. The hulu app has been Uninstalled and reinstalled. The TV is up to date on system updates. The timezone is correct. There is no VPN installed. When you turn on the roku TV and go to the hulu app the shows do not show up. For example malcolm in the middle as stated before. When you go to the show it shows season one but no other seasons even show up as available. Even though they are in fact available. The seasons appear on the hulu app on my laptop which is connected to the same wifi. And the seasons show up on my phone on the app when I'm using my data. My laptop, my phone, my desktop, the playstations, all play the shows but when you load up the app on the roku tv it does not show up. I'm not sure what other steps you want me to explain other than I'm opening hulu on the TV and it is connected to the internet that other devices that aren't roku work correctly on. I'm just as confused as you guys! 😀

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Invidaelius 

Thanks for the follow up regarding content missing on the Hulu channel when viewed through your Roku device.

For more information about that channel's content availability and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist you further where we can.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Invidaelius
Channel Surfer

Thank you for once again saying the same thing and being incorrect. I have already followed up with hulu. So did the original poster. All roku does is blame the provider when it's clearly only malfunctioning on the roku itself. This is a roku problem..if you are just gonna blame another company once again I'm just gonna have to stop buying roku products. Because roku blaming other people for their problem is unprofessional and childish. It's not what I want to see from a professional company. This is a roku problem and I'm tired of hearing this. I'm tired of you saying it's not your guys problem. If you continue to blame other people I will take the screenshots of this thread and spread it everywhere. If you can't own up to your guys own mistakes you are useless. 

P.S Have already submitted an official complaint with the better business bureau for customer noncompliance. 🙂

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Invidaelius wrote:

Thank you for once again saying the same thing and being incorrect. I have already followed up with hulu. So did the original poster. All roku does is blame the provider when it's clearly only malfunctioning on the roku itself. This is a roku problem..if you are just gonna blame another company once again I'm just gonna have to stop buying roku products. Because roku blaming other people for their problem is unprofessional and childish. It's not what I want to see from a professional company.

Roku is not responsible for how the Hulu channel works, regardless of what Hulu is telling you. Roku provides the platform, which is the hardware and the operating system. The only streaming channel they themselves provide is The Roku Channel. Everything else is developed and maintained by 3rd parties, in this case Hulu. They are simply deflecting their responsibility to ensure their channel works correctly. 

It also doesn't matter if Hulu works correctly on another platform. The apps on another platform are not written in the same programming language, so have no comparison to the way the are written for Roku. The developer of the app has total responsibility for the way their app works, and the channel on a Roku device is simply another app. They can make it look identical on different devices, but under the user interface it's a completely different app. Since Roku hasn't had a major OS update for several months, it's not that Roku has changed something that broke Hulu. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Invidaelius
Channel Surfer

Complete and utter nonsense. Notnonesense that  you think that but nonsense for you to give me the run around like everyone else t this company seems to be doing. Is this like a game to you guys? Because this is really frustrating to get the same thing over and over.  I've had two it guys look at this issue outside of roku and they conclude it is a roku issue. I've been on with the it from the internet provider as well as hulu and they ran several diagnostics on their end. AS for the update you're talking about. This issue has been going on for over a year now and I've been getting the same run around time and time again. I've called your customer service line and now I thought I'd try the forums when I saw another person getting the same run around that your company loves to do.  It is your issue to solve. It only happens on roku devices. Specific roku devices and nothing else. Regardless of what you are claiming it is in fact roku related and for roku to solve.  I'm sorry that you can't understand why this is happening on your end but I'm tired of you guys blaming another company. I'll be buying tvs without roku from now on. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Invidaelius I am not connected to Roku in any way. But I am knowledgeable about software creation and the different programming languages. I'm sorry if you don't want to accept the facts, but they are the facts none the less. The problem with the Hulu channel is the responsibility of Hulu to solve. Roku does not have access to the source code for the Hulu channel, and even if they did they wouldn't want to attempt any modification of it. One programmer does not want the legal issues involved with working with another programmer's owned code. 

I acknowledge you've been having issues for a long time. I didn't catch that in previous posts. But that simply points even stronger to the Hulu channel developers not doing a proper job when they wrote and modified their code. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos