Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ladyh
Binge Watcher

Closed Captioning out of synch on numerous movies on ROKU channel

10-25-2023  Issue Roku channel movie "claire in motion" CC way out of sync.  Hard for people that can't hear the tones on these streaming apps.  restarted etc did all the suggestions PCM, Bitstream, unplug reboot, nothing same way our of sync.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Closed Captioning out of synch on numerous movies on ROKU channel

Hi @ladyh,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please try to restart your Roku by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

John, 

that does not work today.  am having the issue on Hulu on both of my roku express 4K devices.  I have restarted them, the modem, signed in & out, checked for updates, checked speed.  I have jumped through ALL the hoops and even chatted for 30 min. with Hulu.  The captions work corredtly on my laptop with Hulu but NOT either Roku device starting today - they are about 3-4 minutes ahead of the video.  PLEASE FIX WE NEED STUFF LIKE THIS TO WORK CORRECTLY.  Thanx.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dragonboots2005,

We have forwarded an update to the right team about this issue. As a workaround, this could happen sometimes. When you see the issue occur, try performing the steps below.

1. Open the Roku mobile app on their iOS or Android Phone
  2. In the app, while on the same wifi as the desired device, go to devices and select the Roku device where you're accessing the app
  3. Tap Remote    from the navigation bar
  4. Tap the Gear icon    to open the Controls menu
  5. Tap Adjust audio delay
  6. Tap Get started and follow the on-screen instructions

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

No idea what you are talking about - I have a Roku hooked up to my TVs.  None of what you mentioned applies.  I don't have an IOS phone or anything of the sort.   Sorry.  I just now checked by watching Hulu on my Roku 4K express & it seems to be working normal now.  Captions of the tv episode did not play thorugh the ads this time.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos