Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel7
Channel Surfer

Several channels are not loading

Several channels are not working as of yesterday, July 31, 2022.

Disney+: "We're sorry, we're having trouble connecting you to the service. Please check to see that you're still connected to the Internet, and try again. (Error code 42)

HBOMax: "Sorry, but we were unable to authenticate your device and can't continue"

ABC: "There appears to be a problem. Please try relaunching the app. If you still experience issues, please contact us at abc.com/roku  Code 013-0600-406"

This is on Roku Ultra. Channels have been removed, the device rebooted, and the channels reinstalled. Still no luck. The Roku is connected via ethernet and I can confirm the internet connectivity with a laptop connected to that cable is fine.

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Several channels are not loading

Have you restarted all of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
daniel7
Channel Surfer

Yes. All the other devices on my network connect fine to the internet. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Multiple channels/apps not working points to something in your network connection, but what that is won't be easy to figure out.  If you have another network that you can connect to like a friend's or the hotspot on your phone you could maybe prove that it's not the device itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
steph_anie
Binge Watcher

No, this isn't just happening to him.  Everyone is having trouble with roku, which points to something being wrong with roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @steph_anie

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? Have you removed the channel, restart the device then added the channel back?
3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
daniel7
Channel Surfer

1. Yes. See my original post.

2. Yes, I've deleted the apps, restarted the device, and reinstalled the apps. I've also reset the network settings and alternated between ethernet and wifi.

3. See my original post.

0 Kudos
daniel7
Channel Surfer

RESOLVED (for me).

I turned my router off and back on. Something must've happened where the router was jammed up, so to speak, by/with the Roku. Strange that Netflix worked throughout everything...

0 Kudos