Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perzaklie
Channel Surfer

Why is Girl With Dragon Tatoo unavailable?

I received an email just a few minutes ago, 08:02 August 6, 2022, titled New and free in August on The Roku Channel. Listed is The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo. When I click on it, I get a message Title Is Temporarily Unavailable or Expired.

screen shot

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Why is Girl With Dragon Tatoo unavailable?

Maybe the database is not fully updated. It is available on The Roku Channel. I just did a check and manually searched for it.

0 Kudos
perzaklie
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the reply. I did try using my Roku Ultra and it works fine. However, as per the screen shot, it does not when following the link in the email so as to be able to view on my PC.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@perzaklie 

To watch on your PC, can just go to https://therokuchannel.roku.com/ and put in movie title in Search bar upper right.

Here is link to movie on Roku Channel. (assuming free 2011 Girl with Dragon Tattoo)

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/48e100ecedc85c62b16ea3fd8cdda995

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
perzaklie
Channel Surfer

Thanks, but did you read my original post and how the message appeared as per the screen print from my PC?

I followed a link in the email Roku sent out. That link resulted in the screen print I enclosed in my original post.

If the link was not a working link, it should have not been sent. Or instructions to disregard links in the email and instead visit roku.com, login, select the Roku channel, select watch online, search,  find a result, click on the desired movie/tv and watch.

That is what I am referring to. A one click link or a 7 step process to view the desired movie/tv.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@perzaklie 

Read your original posting but the screenshot was not visible earlier (just an x).  Looks like you may be hosting image rather than have uploaded it here. 

You can watch Roku online as guest (no need to login unless you want access to your account options - continue watching, save list, subscriptions, etc).

Assumed your question was more in regards to find a working link to watching the actual movie online rather than addressing a broken link or error message from an email.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.