Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iceman1913
Channel Surfer

Setting up my Apple TV on my new Roku

Jump to solution

So I am a new Roku user, and I've set most everything up okay, but when I went to put in my Apple TV info, I made a typing mistake on my email address. So my password naturally did not work, but when I went to re-do my email address, I was unable to get back to that screen. Roku seems to have assumed that my incorrect email address was correct and only allows me to re-enter the password.

Any ideas on how to get out of this loop, and get back to the beginning? All of my other streaming channels were entered fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setting up my Apple TV on my new Roku

Jump to solution

To erase the information that an app has stored on your device, remove the app by highlighting it on the Roku Home Screen, pressing * on your remote, and choosing "Remove app". Then perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate). It's the restart that actually removes the information, so don't skip it. Then add the app again from "Streaming Store". You should be back at square one.

By the way, it's the app that stored the wrong email address and won't let you change it. Roku has nothing to do with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To erase the information that an app has stored on your device, remove the app by highlighting it on the Roku Home Screen, pressing * on your remote, and choosing "Remove app". Then perform a "System restart" from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate). It's the restart that actually removes the information, so don't skip it. Then add the app again from "Streaming Store". You should be back at square one.

By the way, it's the app that stored the wrong email address and won't let you change it. Roku has nothing to do with it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Iceman1913
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you, that did the trick!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.