Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Service Interruption - Netflix Playback Issue

Hi Roku Community,

Some customers today may have experienced a Netflix channel access issue that was related to a recent channel update affecting certain Roku devices.

If you are experiencing an issue with using Netflix on your Roku device, please perform a software update to resolve this issue.

Steps to perform a software update:
1. Press "Home" and go to Settings
2. Go to System
3. Select Software Update and press "Check now"
4. The issue should be resolved once the channel has been updated

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
15 REPLIES 15
dprimus

Re: Service Interruption - Netflix Playback Issue

I tried performing an update and it is telling me none is available. 

0 Kudos
dprimus

I tried to perform an update, but it is telling me there is no update available. However, I am still not able to start Netflix or any of the other apps. comcast has checked my connection and it is working fine.

0 Kudos
Davd
Reel Rookie

Did the update this morning, reported successful update, but still the same result from trying to load Netflix.

Model 3941x

Serial x01600etcynv

Software 11.0.0

Device id s07p41ctcynv

Will try to f8nd post from Mary regarding error tracking to submit that info

0 Kudos
Davd
Reel Rookie

Removed the Netflix channel and re added it after update and that fixed the issue.

Thanks to all

0 Kudos
TheRudeDog

Netflix on all three of my ROKU TVs is extremely slow in responding to the remote. 15-20 seconds for the volume to even register a change and to pause or restart is taking 20-30 seconds.

Updated everything and removed and reinstalled the Netflix apps.

0 Kudos
Sock
Reel Rookie

Netflix isn't working and any of the three rokus in my home, other streaming serves work fine, and Netflix work on my phone and tablet so it isn't a network issue. Have tried rebooting, updating software, re-installing netflix, nothing has worked.

This has been ongoing for over 3 days now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

If you are still experiencing an issue with Netflix playback, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sock
Reel Rookie

I have removed, restarted the system, & re-installed the channel on all three of my Roku's with zero success.

For more information:

When I launch Netflix the error message I see says, Code: tvq-000; tvq-st-103
Under the show more details option, when I use the "check your network" feature, it shows that I have a connection to Netflix Server 1, Server 2, and Internet. However, it shows failed connection to Netflix server 3, with error code nw-2-5.

Thank you for the ongoing support!

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@dprimus wrote:

I tried to perform an update, but it is telling me there is no update available. However, I am still not able to start Netflix or any of the other apps. comcast has checked my connection and it is working fine.

I don't know if this is always true, but I had trouble with a different channel in the past, checked for an update, and update was installed, but the channel still didn't work until I restarted the Roku.  It might be worth a try.

0 Kudos