Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fafinsab

Seagate Media Channel not available

Currently have version 2.14 build 26.  I know seagate discontinued their Seagate Media app on other platforms but the channel has been working great.  I can get to my drive on Roku Media player but the interface is not as user friendly or visually appealing.  Is this something that got killed on Seagate’s end or Roku, is there any way to reenable on my end and if this is never coming back are there any suggestions of better channels to watch things off my seagate wireless plus drive, connected wirelessly to my home network.  App is still installed and just gives me the channel not available message “Seagate Media is no longer available.  You may want to remove it from your Home screen.”

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Seagate Media Channel not available

That "not available" message is misleading.  The channel isn't compatible with the v11.5 Roku software update because it uses components that were completely removed.  If it were to come back it would be Seagate (or someone else) that would have to make a version compatible with the Roku update.  Roku wouldn't be the ones to do it.

If the Roku Media Player works with it then the Plex channel probably would as well.  There may be other options out there that I'm not aware of as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos