Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBenny222

Roku channel & Paramount+

Jump to solution

I already have a paramount+ subscription, and I want to use it through the roku channel app sonI can watch my local 6 news. My issue is that there is now way to just sign in to my already existing subscription through the roku channel app. Can anyone help me with this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel & Paramount+

Jump to solution

@TBenny222

Thanks for the post.

If you have a subscription through the Paramount+ channel provider directly, you will not be able to access the content on Paramount+ through The Roku Channel as that requires a different subscription. You will need to access Paramount+ channel directly, instead of through The Roku Channel.

Hope this clears up any confusion that you may be having.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TBenny222

Thanks for the post.

If you have a subscription through the Paramount+ channel provider directly, you will not be able to access the content on Paramount+ through The Roku Channel as that requires a different subscription. You will need to access Paramount+ channel directly, instead of through The Roku Channel.

Hope this clears up any confusion that you may be having.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dc4star
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I pay through Roku for my Paramount + Premium, so shouldn't I be able to access it through the Roku channel? It is only accessible through the Paramount+ app itself. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dc4star,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

To answer your inquiry, I would recommend checking @RokuDanny-R post above for more information.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dc4star
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

His post doesn't answer my specific question as to how do I log in through the Roku channel. I literally can manage my subscription to Paramount + right here on Roku, so that means I purchased it through Roku. Or am I missing something?! 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dc4star, the subscription to the Paramount+ channel app whether through Roku or directly with Parmount/CBS is different than a subscription to whatever's available through The Roku Channel.  They're two different things/subscriptions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Anyone dealt with this issue before?

Paramount+ downloads improperly and so when I go to open it the system goes to CBS All Access instead but won't allow a sign in. I have done a factory reset on my Vizio Television and my Roku 2 XD but the problem persists. Paramount+ tells me I should be running Please follow the TS steps below to update your roku OS verison , as its shows that you are having (Software Version: 9.1.0 ) but latest software verison of roku is 11.5 but my system won't update to that operating version. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku 2 XD hasn't been supported for a few years now.  There's no way to get get any updates or to get Paramount+ to run on it.  Check your account for an offer for a reduced price new device.

https://my.roku.com/offers
https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

or see them all here:  Roku Players | Roku 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos