Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetIntrovert
Reel Rookie

Screen gets dark when I watch yt videos or Netflix

So my screen gets really dark where I can barely see what's playing on the screen. My screen is fine when I'm like- looking through YouTube but when I actually start watching a video it happens. Same thing with Netflix, all is good until I start watching a tv show or movie. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen gets dark when I watch yt videos or Netflix

@SweetIntrovert 

You mentioned two apps that are that way. Are there any apps where this behavior does not exist?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SweetIntrovert
Reel Rookie

Doesn't seem like it, I just tried the rest of my apps and they do the same thing, even on the What to Watch that's on the side menu gives me the same problem. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@SweetIntrovert 

I'm wondering if there's a setting on your TV for that. Some TVs have Normal, Vivid, Theater, and other settings that adjust how the video playback looks. Check the settings there.

On Roku TV (you didn't say if it's a Roku TV or a TV with a Roku device attached, nor which Roku model number Settings > System > About) there are Picture Settings you can adjust. Other TVs have similar.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SweetIntrovert
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku TCL Tv.... I went through the picture settings and messed around with it and put everything back the way I found it, after seeing no change I turned my Tv off then back on and it started working fine. There's no more problem. I'm not sure what fixed it. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.