Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PMatchett

Re: “Screaming” commercial has gotta go

I completely agree. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea? To whom are they appealing??? The most idiotic, ridiculous ads I’ve ever seen and I am as old as television. If those bizarre ads aren’t pulled I’m deleting my account. 

Snorwood70
Reel Rookie

Re: Screaming commercials horrendous!

I am so very relieved that others are losing their sanity also due to these terrible commercials!

I realize irritating commercials are remembered but if they're not remembered in any sort of positives way. You are losing customers, fans & trust.

These commercials are unbelievably worse than all the liberty insurance commercials.  Please, stop the madness Roku!

StevenCee
Roku Guru

I'm literally stunned, well maybe not so much, that not a single employee of Roku has had the cajones or even basic consideration & professionalism, to respond to this overwhelming crush of negative feedback. Their juvenile, screamfest commercials, are obviously turning off even longtime, loyal customers, yet "No Comment", really?   

The commercials are horrible enough, but having no one from the company give any kind of response, whatsoever, is just another slap in the face to their customer base. If something I did had so massive a negative response, I would either defend my actions, or profusely apologize for so upsetting my audiences. Their silence is truly only adding salt to the wound...

Fredcv
Reel Rookie

Its been two weeks! People despise your commercial. When a flesh eating virus is actively removing your arm you cut it off before you die. Duh stop smoking so much weed and wake up!

LayzeeDaze

I ❤️ ROKU ! ... BUT PLEASE SCREAMING COMMERCIAL HAS GOT TO GO !!!!!!

lmtappestry
Reel Rookie

Agree.  They have to know that with this many people actually taking the time to complain, there are many more who are just putting up with it.  I keep waiting to see a response and a notice that they commercials have been stopped.  I have been dreading even trying to put my TV back on the Roku channel just to check it out, because I simply don't want to hear the screaming, especially as often as these commercials play.  Roku Marketing team/Management team, please respond....

Warrin
Reel Rookie

Screaming commercial number two

Who in the **bleep** is this retard that I see on my TV screaming and his eyes are popping out of his head like a some kind of cartoon character and all he does is scream. I'm not sure if you realize this or not... BUT IT'S EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Is this the best you can come up with for a commercial? Some idiot screaming at the top of his lungs at some game for FGTEEV....... Whatever the **bleep** FGTV is 🤦. I would like to see this commercial gone. I'd be happier and I'm sure a lot of other people would be happier. Who wants to watch this retard screaming?

0 Kudos
Young1234

Totally causes anxiety and makes absolutely no sense. Not even sure why that even aired; ever. Weird.

Shortladie

I have to mute my TV every time these commercials come on. Whoever's heading your ad department needs to go back to school. 

Snorwood70
Reel Rookie

Roku Moderator, all of rhe links have been posted here.  Along with at least one picture.  SOMEONE in advertising SHOULD know these terrible commercials and we are all just being ignored. I can guarantee you that these are not gaining you income or popularity, just the opposite.

Please take care of the anxiety raising commercials at once!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.