Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rayofhope
Channel Surfer

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

I agree! Roku commercials are very annoying. Same thing over and over. That girl that screams and says "oh my god" in the house remodeling commercial is way out of hand. It doesn't make me want to watch the show.

Re: “Screaming” commercial has gotta go

Please re-think this ad. Some of us cant stand the screaming. Its is very upsetting and causes anxiety.

i hate using my Roku because of this commercial.  I wanted to watch tv, but I had to shut it off to avoid this commercial.  This commercial makes me hate using my Roku.  Are there any other tv’s or platforms that provide similar features to Roku, without the excruciating screaming people?

Kaboo
Reel Rookie

YES, whatever idiot came up with this idea AND the idiot who approved it should be fired!  I cannot state strongly enough how awful this commercial is and downright jarring.  I can't mute it quick enough.  It's disturbing!  So just as I can't stand the first commercial, you add a second screaming one?  Are you trying to drive away customers?  Get your act together and think of the customer instead of indulging the grade school humor of these ad creators.  Absolutely nuts!

Heffy

Roku Screaming Ads are really bad. We have to mute the sound.

What is Roku doing with the ads where people are screaming, as soon as the Ad comes on, we have to mute it. Two different Ads where people are screaming.

TKC1

Re: Roku Screaming Ads are really bad. We have to mute the sound.

Wholly agree! These tasteless and auditorily offensive ads need to be pulled immediately. Hard to imagine the advertising focus group that thought these sensory assaults were clever, cute or effective.

Are you listening, Roku?

not buying Roku TV UNLESS THEY QUIT THE SCREAMING COMMERCIAL!!!!!!!

My husband and I had just decided that we were going to get the biggest Roku TV we could find come Black Friday sales. But because of the tasteless and disgusting SCREAMING COMMERCIALS,  we're no longer getting one!!! What a truly idiotic ad, the ad company should be fired!!

Tooey

Yes, I hate them too. A much better word would have dreaming, and some kind of slogan like "you can stop dreaming about perfect streaming, ROKU streams fulfill your dreams."  How much more peaceful that kind of message would be if they showed a couple sleeping with a smile on their face.

EM3
Reel Rookie

I just Googled "AD FOR ROKU TV SCREAMING COUPLE ARE TRAUMATIZING ME AND MY DOG" and found that I am not alone.  The world is chaotic enough.  My nervous system can't take this.  Even my dog is stressed by this.  It's beyond bad taste, it is damaging people.  Remove it.  And, fire the idiots that thought this would sell tv's.  Ah ha - They are doing this on purpose, so you will buy a Roku TV with sound leveling!

"Movies and TV shows can have a wide range of sounds but using the volume modes on your compatible Roku streaming device lets you enjoy a more even listening experience. Switch to Automatic Volume Leveling to hear more consistent audio levels across various types of entertainment, making it less jarring when a commercial comes on or while switching channels. Use Night Mode to reduce the volume level for louder scenes and boost it for quieter ones, letting you watch late-night TV without disturbing others."

Dirty trick  /-;

Txlady377
Reel Rookie

That's a very good slogan!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.