Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngelandDeeA
Reel Rookie

STILL not able to sign into the new Newsmax with our Roku log in!

Is anyone having this particular issue? We still cannot sign in using our Roku account info, even though it asks us if we want to sign in using that info when we get booted out of the app and need to sign back in. We are still having issues with being signed out of the app on our Roku devices and needing to sign back in. When I contacted Roku support just now, I was told it's an ongoing issue with the Newsmax app that Newsmax is working on, and I'd have to call them for more info because it's not a Roku issue, no matter if you signed up on Newsmax or through Roku.  😞

8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: STILL not able to sign into the new Newsmax with our Roku log in!

@AngelandDeeA, Newsmax clearly has no idea what they're doing.  You never use your Roku credentials on a Roku device.  I know that sounds odd, but your device is linked to your Roku account making signing in to Roku unnecessary/redundant.  Newsmax or any other provider has no access to your Roku password, so it just shows how clueless they are if they're telling you to enter it.  What they may asking is, "Do you want to use the email address associated with your Roku account or another one?"  You'd only use the email address associated with your Roku account if it's the same one associated with your Newsmax account, but any password is strictly for the Newsmax account (I hope you don't use the same password everywhere).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
aphumphries
Binge Watcher

NewsMax CS thought they delivered the solution to me today. (Login process slightly different to make it sticky).

I thought initially it worked - but NO. Itricked myself cause I remained Logged In... so restarting Newsmax appeared to log me on with a 'sticky' credentials - After several hours of not using Newsmax I found I had to LOGIN AGAIN.

THIS IS NOT FIXED.

Let's get on top of this Roku. Don't let your puddles business affairs sour me on you otherwise great product. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aphumphries,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to investigate this issue that you're having with the Newsmax channel. Could you provide us with a photo or video of your running issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SS49

I’ve been having this issue for a month or so. Newsmax keeps telling me I am signed out of Roku (while I’m ON Roku ultra) and that I have to sign in. ??? When I enter my Roku pw it rejects it, and when I try the forgot pw, it says no such email. Of course Newsmax doesn’t have me in their system because I access through Roku. From this thread I’m guessing I’m not the only person with this problem.

MGustafson

I just did a monthly subscription to Newsmax 2 days ago through Roku and I am having the exact same problem. Any more recent update on this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MGustafson,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your problem accessing the Newsmax channel after subscribing through Roku. To be better assisted, kindly contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. Select Accounts, Payments, and Subscriptions to be directed to their contact information.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist. Thank you!

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MGustafson

Thank you. I did call Roku billing subscription support and the experience was not good. So I just ask them to cancel my Newsmax subscription and refund the charge from a couple days ago. I didn't want to go further down a technical support path not knowing how much of my time it would take or if it would even get resolved. Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Mark

0 Kudos
Jp333

Same issue asked to sign into Roku to gain access to News Max???? This is frustrating 

0 Kudos