Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeltaSunset
Channel Surfer

Rumble channels not working correctly SEE UPDATE BELOW

Since yesterday my Rumble app on Roku Express is not working.  When I click through my list of channels that I follow, the name will advance of the next channel but it is a video from the first channel in my list. Many older videos are being shown and the entire Following list is messed up in the same manner. I have tried rebooting, signing out, etc. Rumble works on my Windows desktop and my Android phone. Roku is the only issue. I am hearing that there was a cyber attack on Rumble...does anyone have any updates?

UPDATE December 13..Rumble replied to my email fairly quickly and said that they are aware of the issue and that the developers are working to resolve it ASAP.

38 REPLIES 38
kvneal

Re: Rumble channels not working correctly

I am having the same problem. It's happened on and off before, but never like this. I have to go to the search and type in the channel name to get to the videos.

UPDATE. I read in one response that the Rumble TV app is working. It does! It will be removed at some point, but hopefully not before the newer app is working properly again. 

msmarelli
Reel Rookie

The same thing has just happened on mine. I've found no solution yet.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@DeltaSunset 

When that happens (the video list is populated, but under the wrong creator - normally the creator before or after the intended), just back out of Rumble (sometimes even to the Home Screen) and then just re-enter Rumble.

The above has been happening for quite awhile to me. (at least a month or more).  The newest Rumble update has now introduced an additional random bug re: the Live button.  When you select a show, you may actually have to press the green "live" button or you may be watching something from 12hrs ago.  With an actual livestream (ie. joined late/after it already started), you may actually be at the beginning of the stream, necessitating pressing the "Live" button to get to the current/live spot.

Although the above bug is a bit irritating currently, it did seem to at least fix the ability to FF/Rewind through livestreams once again.

Edited to add... In the occasional instance that re-entry does not work (occasionally it does seem stuck with that bug), I normally just go the "My Feed" section and select it from there.  Or as @kvneal mentioned, you may need to perform the Search as a workaround.  Rumble has not been as quick of late in addressing some of the bug reports sent to them.  They used to be really good and quick, now it seems to take a bit of time before they get fixed with an update/patch.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Tevis56

Having same issue.  I tried reinstalling the app but that was a major mistake.  Took me over an hour to link back in but issue wasnt resolved.

Johnfoxx

Happening on mine for a few days now. Very difficult to watch who I am following. My feed seems to work I just have to look for the latest person I'm following with their update. I hope they fix it soon. 

Fieldzee

I am having the same issue. The Rumble app on Roku TV has been glitchy as long as I have had it. Now it is pretty useless. The list of videos under users I follow just show up with randomized videos from My Feed. Maybe they'll update the app eventually, and it will start working again....

DeltaSunset
Channel Surfer

Yes, I agree, very random in the way they show up. I noticed Rumble did an update recently and I noticed they had changed the position of the time stamps on the screen. Since that update my Rumble has been chaos 🙂

DeltaSunset
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the response. I had not noticed the Livestream issue but will take note. I have to search for each of my channels now as the feed in Following is in complete disarray. I heard yesterday that Rumble had been the target of some sort of cyber attack and there were people on Telegram from various locations reporting that Rumble was down for some periods of time. Down Detector has also indicated some outages but everything is on line now according to their site. What is the best way to contact Rumble to leave a customer complaint? 

msmarelli
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. This used to happen rather frequently. All I had to do is back out to the Home button on Roku and start over. Not this time. It's a major mess-up! Here's what I did, but to no avail. I logged out of Rumble, rebooted Roku, and then logged back into Rumble. I tried a few variations of this as well. Nothing worked. It seems like the first channel looks correct. Going to the second channel and beyond, they're all mixed together again. I even deleted my first channel. Now the second channel became the first and seems to look good. But after that, $%#$%$^&*&!!!! The only way to watch something is to search for the channel or through my feed. As much as I'm still PO'd about YouTube's censoring, It does have a nice interface. Rumble needs a lot of work.