Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vachon321
Streaming Star

I get Showtime via Verizon FIOS. What happens after 12/14?

Beginning December 14, Showtime Anytime, which allows you to login to your cable provider to access Showtime content will cease to exist, as the station is being merged into Paramount+ (for which I do NOT have a subscription). 

How am I supposed to access Showtime via my ROKU device after that? There is no app for cable providers, only direct subscriptions.

HELP!

35 REPLIES 35
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I get Showtime via Verizon FIOS. What happens after 12/14?

This sounds like a question for Paramount.  Roku can only relay what Paramount sends to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

I don't subscribe to Paramount+ through my cable provider, therefore I have no way to contact them.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

There should still be some kind of contact form on Paramount’s website.  It’s worth noting though that the Showtime Anytime app says:  “Contact your TV provider to learn about other ways to watch SHOWTIME, including through streaming devices.” So apparently, Showtime/Paramount prefers that you contact Verizon.  (ie: we're removing a feature.  If you don't like that, call someone who is not us! 😀)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

Already contacted Verizon. They say it's up to Paramount+---they need to provide the APP for the streaming. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Here is their contact page:

https://help.paramountplus.com/s/contact-us

0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

Been there too. No response.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

OK then, so apparently you have already established that there is no solution except possibly to subscribe to Paramount, if that is what you wish to do.  Or finish up on the Showtime anytime app before it goes away and then watch other stuff.

0 Kudos
Vachon321
Streaming Star

NO. I want Paramount+ to respond and tell me what the plans are for Showtime-only customers, and also to inform me when they will providing ROKU customers with an app so that they can sign-in using their cable provider. They don't have one for just "Paramount+" alone -- either you have to subscribe through them or via the ROKU. I'm not paying extra for their junky content.

Strega2
Roku Guru

OK, I thought you had already written them off when you said: “No response.”  I assume you sent them a message somehow?  Maybe try a call?  The paramount contact page says:  1-888-274-5343 Estimated Wait Time (when I visited) of 12 minutes.

0 Kudos