Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kels13

Re: Roku wont play funimation channel on any Roku Device/ TV

This did not fix the issue. 

Plutonius
Channel Surfer

After watching some anime, it looks like the subtitles still have some issues for me but not as bad as they were.

I no longer have any issues though with selecting different shows.

If people are still having issues, my suggestion is to go to the Roku system settings and select updates.

HYSTERICAT
Reel Rookie

I have complained to Funimation for months about the consistent problem streaming their app through roku.

Both of my roku players, same problem with funimation. I cannot resume, it always start from the beginning. So yes, if i want to resume a movie i am over an hour into, i have to start from the begining and find out where i left off. Defeats the point of technology when i have to do it myself. Well the app on roku, shows how much i watched the show/movie to allow me to resume, but always starts from the beginning. By the way, there is no updates. I went as far as factory reset roku player, as well as uninstalling/installing app prior reset. STILL THE SAME PROBLEM! HOW MUCH OF MY TIME DO I NEED TO WASTE FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT ITS ALWAYS BEEN YOUR PROBLEM, I DIDNT CREATE FUNIMATION AND TAKING PEOPLES MONEY, YOU DID!
I have an android tablet, funimation works fine on it. However, when i start a show i previously watch and stopped in middle; the program will restart(like i have been complaining about) from the beginning; yet i have the options to restart the show as if i actually resumed it. Get it? Funimation is the error, its on their end. How can a show automatically restart from the begining, but then give me the option to restart from the beginning, thinking the app loaded correctly, to actually resume where i last left off. Also, i cannot cast it onto my roku. Again, another fail with technology that we have today, but cannot use it because of what reason? No, seriously i am asking what is the reason for belittling people that pay you money to get what is out there? I mean, its like buying a bluray player or roku player and you do not supply a hdmi cable. Yes, that point exactly. You are only in it for the money, not for the glory. Thats why businesses that get to large to fast only focus on the money, when at first they were customer orientated. 

Love the fact i paid 100% for a roku player, and 100% for the funimation service, and i get 0% service in return. In fact, i get more excuses, or in this case finger pointing that its the other persons fault, rather than actually looking into it, LIKE A PROFOSSIONAL, to figure out the root of the problem. Instead you piss people off with your ignorance. Its the not the fact i have to go through hoops to get what i paid for; its the solid the fact i expressed the concers, i complained, and i even berated to get no where. So again, why did i buy a roku player? Why am i paying for streaming service? Thats right, its because you want to make money!

In conlcusion, in order to properly watch funimation, i have to use my hd tablet, and not my 60" fhd tv watch funimation because ROKU nor FUNIMATION could care less about their customers that actually paid money for their services. Otherwise, why has it not been fixed? I see this thread back i October, i have having the issues around September 2020, and it is now March 2021 and no resolve. That to me speaks volume of a company/s not doing their job and only focusing on how to make money! If i am wrong, then why i have not watch funimation in those months, when i was watching it everyday, over prime and netflix! Now i am watching whatever anime on prime and netflix, because i watch the shows where i stopped it and continue on. 

DO YOU NOT GET IT!?!?! Its your service, but we **bleep**king paid money for it!! I PAID MONEY!! Thats how business works! You get money for perfoming a service. You are not performing yor service, but you are still taking money!! Thats called shady, unethical business that practices on immoral standards. Prove me wrong and fix the **bleep**king thing already!! More time wasted on my end to tell you people, as well as other people; SOMETHING IS WRONG!!! How many people do you need to fix it, 100, not 1?

HYSTERICAT
Reel Rookie

https://youtu.be/Aws5QqWWiS4

Here is the video i uploaded to youtube showing the exact problem i am having. 

HYSTERICAT
Reel Rookie

Here is the response from FUNIMATION:

Your request (848131) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

TN (Funimation)

Mar 7, 2021, 19:20 CST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Funimation Support.

We were unable to reproduce the issue you have reported at this time.

Are you still having the issue?  If you are still seeing the issue, please let us know and we’ll be happy to do some further troubleshooting with you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Teddy

agear69

We've been having the same issue. Like when we want to watch Black Clover. It kicks us out and takes us back to the menu. We usually have to reboot it like three times to get it to work. Plus the screen is stuck with the three dots loading but we can hear the audio or the audio cuts in and out. I wish they would fix this. It's been like this for a few months.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@agear69 wrote:

We've been having the same issue. Like when we want to watch Black Clover. It kicks us out and takes us back to the menu. We usually have to reboot it like three times to get it to work. Plus the screen is stuck with the three dots loading but we can hear the audio or the audio cuts in and out. I wish they would fix this. It's been like this for a few months.

The latest Funimation app update (2.7.1092) was a few days ago.

If removing the Funimation app, RESTARTING the Roku, and reinstalling the Funimation app doesnt resolve the issue, you'll need contact Funimation (they code their app):

https://help.funimation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

goodwill67
Channel Surfer

I have recently started experincing these same things.  I have complained but they seem very casual about responding and when they do it is always some kind of list of things to do to try and resolve it.  Or it is a list of information to send them.  I suspect if and when I hear back that they will only point the finger elswhere. At that point I will drop the subscription as they clearly are behaving in a highly unethical way.  It may be that they will have to lose a lot of subscribers in order to get the point.

Edweezy

I figured it out I had the same issue. Because I want to watch my hero academia season 5. Delete the funimation app. Install it again. Sign in an enjoi.

I, as well, have been having this problem since I purchased my roku streaming stick+ in August 2021, it is now February of 2022. The fact that I've seen people having this issue since September of 2020 is baffling!! You would think a company so big would work on such an issue for the millions of people who use their services. I have to do a full reset on my device every few episodes some days to get it to stream properly. ONLY HAPPENS ON ROKU. My tablet, 2 computers, android, and iPhone all work fine. But I'd like to be able to use it on my roku without it being so obnoxious to fix.