Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstibich

Roku watching on Demand Spectrum Streaming TV sound issues

I have 3 Roku Express 4K+ devices that I watch Spectrum on Demand Streaming TV shows.  One example is HGTV House Hunters International Season 182 Episode 8 Robot…  The audio messes up and repeats dialog or goes out of sync.  It does this episode on all 3 Rokus.  Other episodes do the same thing as well as episodes of TLC Say Yes to the Dress.  My Spectrum Phone app plays these Demand Streaming TV shows audio with no problems.  I have updated the Rokus and all of the channels.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku watching on Demand Spectrum Streaming TV sound issues

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @dstibich!

Thanks for letting us know about the audio issues you've observed within the content inside the Spectrum app on your Roku. We'd be happy to review this. 

As we've checked, House Hunters International, available on The Roku Channel, is being offered by Discovery+, so we believe you are streaming it directly from Spectrum's standalone app.

If this is the case, we highly recommend directly coordinating this with the channel provider as they maintain and update their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

You may reach them here: Spectrum Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dstibich

Re: Roku watching on Demand Spectrum Streaming TV sound issues

I chatted with Spectrum TV support.  They informed me that this is an ongoing issue with the Roku device and unfortunately Roku does not have a fix in place for it.  When the audio is out of sync when streaming on demand if you rewind 1-2 seconds it will go back in sync but eventually do it again until it fixes itself. They do not have a way to fix it as it is a Roku issue, that is the work around that we have found helpful.  They also stated that it is a known Roku issue that Roku have been working on for over a year.  Can anyone tell me what the status is on resolving this problem?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.