Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku tv not saving my apps and logging me out of everything

every time I turn off my tv and come back to it later it doesn’t have any of my apps on the screen and I have to keep downloading everything and relogging into the the accounts. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv not saving my apps and logging me out of everything

Hi @Kristinjones88,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out!

We'd like to be of assistance here and see how we can better isolate this case.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Does this also happen if you perform these steps? From Settings>>System>>Power>>System restart.

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KSCVogel
Reel Rookie

Rey,

Although the original poster (@Kristinjones88) has not replied to this, I ended up here searching for the same problem.  I have a Roku TV (Insignia Model #NS-43DR620NA18) running software version 12.5.5.  (Build 4174).  I have checked for a software update, but it is showing all software up to date.  

About 2 weeks ago (also around the time that the original poster posted), I noticed when I turned my tv off and then turned it back on, many of my downloaded apps had disappeared.  Apps like YouTube, Max, Apple+, and Dropout.  These 4 will not stay loaded on my television.  However, Prime Video, Roku Channel, Paramount+, Disney+, Peacock, YouTubeTV, Hulu, and Netflix all seem to be okay. 

Thoughts?  Solutions?  

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@KSCVogel, if you have multiple Roku devices then any app added/removed from one device will get added/removed from all devices linked to the same account.  If you only have one device, the first question is did you ever have another device that you returned, gave away, or sold?  The next question is, did you get this TV from someone else?

Check the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About?  If it isn't yours, you need to factory reset the TV, create your own Roku account, and link the TV to the new account.  If it is yours, use that email address to log in at https://my.roku.com and check the list of devices linked to your account.  If you don't recognize any of them, you can unlink them from your account.

We'll probably see a post from someone else wondering about how YouTube, Max, Apple+, and Dropout keep getting added to their device.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KSCVogel
Reel Rookie

@renojim ... Thanks for the input.

That was my thought at first as well.  Checked my Roku account and the only 3 devices listed were my two televisions and my one Roku stick ... all of which I have exclusive access to.

And, yes, the television in question is logged into the correct Roku account under the correct email address.

Would love to hear if the original poster had any luck figuring out what happened on their end.  

Any other advice or thoughts would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@KSCVogel, my only other thought is a faulty device, like failing memory in the device.  That might be hard to prove one way or the other, but you might want to try a factory reset.  It seems like you don't have much to lose since it's already losing your logins.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.