Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bradlohman

Re tcl Roku TV oh7 65 inch is not responding to my frontier internet

0 Kudos

Re: Roku streambar YouTube TV and Netflix

I am having the same issue.  It looks like its been an issue for several months now with no resolution.  When can we expect this to be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jlharmon765,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. That's not what we aim for. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. Just to verify, are you being prompted with an error message? If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BigAL108
Channel Surfer

It's the same issue as all the others. No error messages. Just scrambled YouTube TV and audio crackling on Netflix when you first start playing. Give me a shipping address and I will send mine back so it can be studied. I will ship at my cost and you don't have to ship it back. Maybe someone will actually fix the issue.

0 Kudos
adams2222
Channel Surfer

I was having a similar problem with my streambar on YouTube tv, but not on other apps. (I don’t use Netflix.) if I backed up too far or forwarded too far, the program would lock up and there was no apparent fix to get to watch the rest of the program on my TV using the Roku streambar. After a lock up, I would have to load the program on my iPad and watch it that way. But today, I see there is a new update and I tested it on a YouTube TV program after loading the update, and I did not have a problem backing up or fast-forwarding. So relieved because the sound is so much better using the streambar than using my Roku express 4K plus, which I had temporarily switched back to using.

0 Kudos
mikeymike
Channel Surfer

I am still having the same issue. This is my second time posting here. I have the same issue as everyone else with YouTube TV showing scrambled when it is time to scroll to select a program to view. Roku and YouTube TV are up to date. This issue has been going on for months and seems to be getting worst. I purchased a new Roku Streaming Bar Pro and it has the same issues with YouTube TV. I would have expected this issue to be fixed by now.

0 Kudos
adams2222
Channel Surfer

Hi, Mike,

Not sure if it’s the same for Streambar Pro. But here’s my experience in case it’s helpful.  For my Streambar, the freezing of playback after backing up or fast-forwarding seems better since I installed the update on 5/14. Although the Streambar checks daily for updates, I had to update manually: I went to Settings-System-Software Update and then checked for update (even tho the screen said it had just checked). When I clicked on Check Now, it said an update was available, so I installed it.

0 Kudos
mikeymike
Channel Surfer

I have did this 3 times. No updates for me. Last update for mine was 4/3/24. I checked again today. Same thing.

0 Kudos
mikeymike
Channel Surfer

I have Software Version 12.5.5 Build 4174.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.