Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emily03

Roku not loading the cw app

When I click on the cw app it loads for a second then goes back to the Home Screen, I factory reset the tv and everything and still won’t work. Any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not loading the cw app

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @Emily03!

Thanks for reporting the issue you've encountered on the CW app. We'd be happy to suggest further troubleshooting steps to help you access this app on your Roku.

Before proceeding, we'd like to gather further information about this issue and it would be great if you could provide us with the following:

• Is this the only app you are having this issue with?
  • Are you able to access any other apps expert for the CW TV app?
  • Do you see any error messages prompted?

In the meantime, kindly try the following troubleshooting steps below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

Keep us posted!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krystle

Hello,

I've been having that same problem also, for about two weeks now! It's making me HIGHLY UPSET! The app takes too many additional seconds to load & then when it does, the app screen is just black with no shows listed, & all the tabs on the left are there, i.e.. home, settings & so on.  The app stays open a few seconds & then it junos back to Roku's home screen. I've still been able to watch the show, by doing a search...clicking on that show & ways to watch it & then I am able to actually watch it from the CW app, I'm just not able to go to the show from the app!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Krystle, try the steps listed right above your post.  If that doesn't fix it, contact CW and tell them to fix their Roku app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Krystle.

Thanks for contacting us and for letting us know about the issues you've encountered on the CW app. We'd be happy to provide further information about this matter. 

In addition to what our Community expert provided above, if the troubleshooting steps are not effective, we strongly advise you to escalate the matter to the channel's support team.

It's important to note that Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

You may reach them here: CW Support

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.