Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeyslone1
Reel Rookie

Roku not able to stream anything crashes and restarts

Device is not working internet is connected but streaming does not support won’t help and I’m stuck

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku not able to stream anything crashes and restarts

Hi @Joeyslone1

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing, so we can help you get back to streaming. Do you receive an error message or code? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

Joeyslone1
Reel Rookie

Netflix,prime video,hulu and paramount. I’ve tried everything from resetting my router to resetting the device itself went as far as factory resetting. I just purchased this for a tv in my bedroom and it’s sadly been a hassle. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Joeyslone1 

Thanks for the update. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

If you are still experiencing the issue, kindly let us know along with the serial number of your Roku device. So we can further assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Joeyslone1
Reel Rookie

I currently have it plugged into the wall I had it into the tv but it didn’t make a difference… do you think it could be the device it’s self? I’ve got a loading screen I’ve never seen before as well 

0 Kudos
Kminor83

I’ve been having this same issue for about 3 weeks now. At first it was only Netflix I was having problems with but as of right now, all of my apps keep force closing. I’ve restarted the tv, my Wi-Fi, and even removed and added the apps back. 

0 Kudos
Joeyslone1
Reel Rookie

Have you found anything that helps? I’m currently using the Roku 4K hd I think it might be the device itself 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Kminor83

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

-Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
-What specifically are you seeing? What are you doing when this issue occurs?
-Does it happen on a specific channel or when watching specific content?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos