Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldoldold

Roku media player installed but not on home screen

I have two ROKU TVs, a new TCL and an older Insignia.

Both have ROKU media player installed. If I insert a USB, both will prompt me to open the media player and it works. 

On the TCL the media player icon shows on the home screen and can be used to play from a USB that is already installed.

On the Insignia THE ICON DOESN'T SHOW! I can use channel search to find the player. It offers me the option to open it and it works. It does not offer me the option to install the channel (I guess because it is already installed).  But it is impractical (for my purposes) to ask my wife to go through that search process just to play the file. Nor is it practical to ask her to unplug and re-plug the USB media just to play the file. 

Any ideas how to get the media player to show up on the Insignia home screen? Is this a Home Depot/Insignia unique problem? Or a Roku operating system problem? Are there other cases where a challen is installed but not showing on the home screen?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku media player installed but not on home screen

The first thing to try is a "System restart" from Settings->System->Power.  What software version shows under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.