Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

Roku device Won't Show Or Save My Favorites for AMC+ App.

When I open AMC+ on my computer of Firestick it has all my saved shows. When I open My Stuff in my Roku device, 4Kstick, it has none of the saved stuff and even if I save something using the app in Roku, it doesn't show up. All it is says is "you don't have any saved favorites yet." This is frustrating and how do I fix it? Chuck

41 REPLIES 41
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device Won't Show Or Save My Favorites for AMC+ App.

Hi @chuckbear,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with AMCPlus on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                    Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

The software for both Roku and AMC+ is both current. I have done the uninstall and reinstall since that is always the canned response. It did not help. The same AMC+ app with the same software is working just fine on my computer and Firestick. So this seems to be a Roku problem based on all the online posts that state they are having the exact same issue and have been having for some time and all with Roku. So let's try something that just might work. Or should I just install my apps all on my Firestick and throw the Roku device away? If so, will you refund me what I paid for the Roku stick? Chuck

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@chuckbear wrote:

The same AMC+ app with the same software is working just fine on my computer and Firestick.

Actually they are NOT the same software on other platforms.  AMC may have given them all the same version number, but the programmers had to code each one to be compatible with the operating system on each platform, using the controls available on that platform.  So it's not unusual from streaming apps to perform differently on different platforms.

Have you contacted AMC about this?  It's their app, written by their programmers to be compatible with Roku.  All Roku does is provide the platform on which it runs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

I have been waiting for you to finally pass the buck and blame the AMC app. That is typically the next move. So here is my next move. I will deposit this Roku device in the trash and run all my apps off the Firestick. I will eat the cost of this device but I make this promise. I will tell anyone that is interested, my experience with  the Roku and that they should expect no help if there is a problem. I will do everything I can to convince as many as possible that buying a Roku device might just be a mistake and a waste of money. I promise to cost you much more in sales than you got me for in buying this device. I will be sure to write a review on Amazon where I bought this so others will know about my experience. That will be the result of you NOT helping with this issue. Chuck

renojim

@chuckbear, it's not passing the buck.  Only AMC can fix their app, period.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

All I know is that the AMC app works on my Firestick, An LG smart TV, a Visio Smart TV, and on two different computers. AMC can find nothing wrong with their app that would affect Roku. Roku needs to let people know in advance of purchasing their product that not all streaming apps will work with their "platform" so they can make an informed decision before purchasing. And here is the funny thing. At one point I had the AMC+ app through Roku and it worked fine. After I canceled through Roku and resubscribed directly through AMC+ it suddenly had issues. No amount of deleting and reinstalling help. Hmmmmm. And it appears I am not the only one. Chuck

0 Kudos
makaiguy

All Roku can do when you are using any channel app not created by Roku is relay to you whatever the channel's servers send to it, act on any keypresses you make which are direct Roku command keys, and relay any other keypresses on to the app.

The app's creators must program into the app how to respond to the various keypresses passed to it. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DrJackn7

Same issue on the roku tv, amc+ app , been happening ever since annual renewal in December. Even when i save some series to my stuff, once i exit the app and return they are gone. FIX IT. 

0 Kudos
DrJackn7

why does the individual have to push AMC to fix their app? why isn't ROKU working it? We're using it via your roku devices. This is just like how ROKU pushes it all on users to solve the issues with Prime. 

0 Kudos