Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juffin
Reel Rookie

Roku channel wont play any videos

Roku channel will not play any videos, ill hit play season 1 episode 1 and all it does os refresh that same page. Other channels work and so do roku live tv

Help, i use roku express. Yes i tried restarting

8 REPLIES 8
Juffin
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel wont play any videos

Help

thanks

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Juffin 

Do you have the Express 3930 you have pictured above (Settings/System/About)?  Are you having any issues with any other channel/app?  Are you able to go to the online Roku Channel on a laptop connected to the same network and view content? (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/).  Also, are you in US or elsewhere?  Provide some details as to your issue.

Some of the initial troubleshooting when experiencing an issue with a channel/app..

1. Remove, Restart, Reinstall.

Remove the offending channel/app.

Restart the Roku device. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart)

Reinstall the channel/app.

2. Reboot all the network equipment (modem, router, extenders, etc)

3. Try using wall power for your Roku device if currently using TV USB power port. (any USB cell phone charging adapet 5volt, 1amp)

----

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Juffin
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar 

- i am using roku express 3930x

-no issues with roku live tv or amazon prime, or paramount channel in Amazon prime. But the roku channel and stand alone paramount plus does not work. I did get to watch one episode on roku channel the day i installed it, the next day nothing played, paramount plus stand alone never worked... only in primes channel

-located in eastern canada

- can't test roku channel on laptop i don't have a laptop. was one of the main reasons i bought roku

1- not sure how to Remove, Restart, Reinstall roku channel or paramount plus as they already were installed on device 

2-ill try rebooting network, but not sure if thats it. I did get one day of watching roku then it just stopped.. i didn't change anything.  and roku live and amazon works

3-its plugged into usb charger into my power bar.. not ran on laptop 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Juffin 

In order to remove any channel/app from a Roku device, you can do two ways.

1. Highlight the offending channel and press the * button (a.k.a. options button)on the Roku remote.  An option to "Remove channel" should appear in this options menu.

2. Search for the offending channel using the Streaming Channels or Search Menu from Home Screen.  After typing in the name, you should see a screen that allows you to "Remove Channel".  (same screen that allows you to install channels).

----

For subscriptions channels/apps you may have to cancel subscription prior to being able to remove channel.

Remember to perform a System Restart after you uninstall a channel/app in order to clear the device cache.

---

Can you clarify what you mean that the Roku Channel and Paramount+ were already on device?  Do you mean they were simply on the screen after you went through the device setup and activation (meaning you chose them when you set up device), or is this a used device and you received it with some channels/apps already installed?

Since you do not have laptop, try using your phone's browser while connected to your home network wifi and check the online Roku channel. (basically, need to see if other devices while connected to your network are experiencing the same issue with the Roku Channel on-demand content).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JB61

I have done all the above through Customer Suppirt except uninstall Roku channel...no such option because it's a Roku TV.  Now I'm paying for Up app through Roku and because of that I'm unable to watch it too.

No one has seemed to be able to help.

I have Version 12.00 Build 4190

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JB61,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • IP Address (from whatismyip.com).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • When did they start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
twass2525

model 3930RW sn X004007S1L3V software version 12.0 build 4184-AE device id S009318S1L3V

IP address 10.0.0.3

only the Roku channel

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @twass2525

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos