Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GAC1
Reel Rookie

Roku channel won't play anything I ng

I launch Roku Channel. I choose a movie, ANY movie. Movie synopsis displays. I choose play. Movie synopsis refreshes and movie does not play. Synopsis page just refreshes when I choose play. This happens for EVERY movie on Roku. I have reset the router, removed/reinstalled channel, but it will not play anything. Other channels/apps work fine.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel won't play anything I ng

Hi @GAC1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GAC1
Reel Rookie

Hello,

• Device ID: 7KA723560000
  • 4630x-Roku premier+
  • SN: YR003J560000
  • SW: 12.0.0 BUILD 4184-29
  • FCC ID: TC2-R1013
  • IC: 5959A-R1015
0 Kudos
GAC1
Reel Rookie

This issue only occurs on the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GAC1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GAC1
Reel Rookie

Is anyone going to answer this? I haven't been able to use the Roku channel for two weeks. #Rokutrouble,#Rokuchannelwon't work 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @GAC1,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We understand that you are unable to play anything on your Roku channel. Please be advised that we are investigating this issue to improve your viewing experience as our valued customer.

We will promptly update this thread in the Community as soon as we receive additional information.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaWells
Channel Surfer

Any updates? An ETA on the repair would be GREAT! 

0 Kudos