Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaptainTash
Channel Surfer

Roku automatically installing unwanted channels

I know that this has been discussed before but the thread was old.

Things still happening.

So anyone who has any "clever" remarks. Don't.

We aren't lying when we say that Roku devices regularly add channels, automatically.

No, I haven't added any of these channels on another device.

No, I am not lying.

No, nobody else has access to my account or devices. 

I have just witnessed it happening in real time, as I sit here. I had just finished watching a film, I closed Plex app and then up pops a channel download box for some free TV app. 

I did not request to download this app and yet there it was, happening in front of me.

This is a bug that Roku have known about for years, just like the sound issue on streambars, but still haven't done anything to rectify it.

I don't want or a need a PIN on my device, and I have to have one in order to stop this from happening.

If anyone has found a solution that actually works, please let me know.

Cheers 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku automatically installing unwanted channels

Have you changed the password for your Roku account? Have you gone to the Roku dashboard on their web site, and made sure there are no other devices other than those you are actively using?

0 Kudos
CaptainTash
Channel Surfer

Please don't be patronising. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

You didn't mention if you had done either of those things, so I am just starting with the obvious to check first. It's not unusual for someone, possibly a hacker, to have gotten access to your account. And if you have Roku devices you no longer have or use, and threw them out or sold them, they could still be tied to your account.

I have had a Roku since 2016. I have NEVER had anything added that I haven't done myself.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.